Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 2 vs Geelong Cats @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    The knock on Ladhams is not that he is slow and lumbering. He may be tall but he does really well at ground level. Port fans have reported that his marking is well below what might be desired. Also, I think his non-selection last week points to an issue with his discipline, fitness, or mindset because he is otherwise an upgrade on McLean (apart from the marking - he is a better ruck and much more agile and also a proven goal kicker at least the equal of McLean, especially on the run).
    I can't remember the exact podcast, video, or article but I do recall that Ladhams had an issue with knee tendinitis (or similar) during the pre-season. It didn't stop him completely but I believe it limited some training. Perhaps he's just not 100%???

Senior Player
    Horse isn't sure who to omit and needs your input Bangalore!

Thought provoker:

Which combo is better?

1. Mills in the midfield & Kennedy at half-back

2. Kennedy in the midfield & Mills at half-back

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Thought provoker:

Which combo is better?

3. None of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    3. None of the above.
    Lol. That wasn't an option but I understand your point of view.

Definitely not because it's going to impact team selection. (In reply to Bangalore's question about why would the club website be asking fans to vote for round 2 team selection.)
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    Thought provoker:

Which combo is better?

Both in the midfield !

Warming the Bench
    Guys I'm just reading the thread from the very beginning... It will be wet on Friday night. I cannot believe that some of you would think of dropping JPK. If it is wet (and it will be .. rain bombs and all), the game slows down, JPK is perfect.

And for those that are pining for Ladhams to get a game this week..it is true that big men don't get any shorter in wet weather. I doubt that Ladhams is more mobile than McDonald. After last week's performance you surely cannot drop McLean. McDonald will be given more game time (unless he has 2 or 3 howlers in a row) so that he gets a decent run at it. Likewise with Stephens (who had a very solid game).

From my info Ladhams did not set the world on fire in the ressies, so I don't think he'll get in.

FWIW: The unlucky two to miss out will be Sheldrick (but he showed enough in the GWS game to warrant games later in the season) as well as Wicks.
    The two obvious ins will be Chad W and Lloyd.

If McInerney does not get up, Wicks will retain his place.

Despite what I have said above, out of left field if they look at dropping McDonald, Sam Reid might get a go, as he can play in defence. Particularly if Hawkins and Cameron (who looks liekly to play) get a hold of the McCartin brothers.

I don't think one round is enough data re Kennedy and or any other adjustment used in rd1

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was supposed to rain today and it didn't. Naively just hoping that holds out through to the weekend.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Thought provoker:

Which combo is better?

Mills in the midfield is non-negotiable.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    McInerney should be alright. Longmire said in his post-match press conference, that it was just a knock to the knee, that didn't cause any structural damage and that they didn't think it would a problem. He's also not listed in our short injury list; which is Papley, 1 or 2 weeks and Naismith, season. Lloyd and Warner were also listed as health and safety protocols, but it seems that they'll be clear for the Geelong game.
    Newer news (not as positive):

'Justin McInerney ended up with a hyperextension injury towards the backend of the game. He had an MRI which revealed he has a knee-joint sprain so he is going to be a test for this weekend.'

Injury Update: McInerney a test for Round 2

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast