Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 2: the other games. Oooh, Mr Beveridge has just exploded!

Round 2: the other games. Oooh, Mr Beveridge has just exploded!

The round starts tonight with the Bulldogs and the Blues at Marvel. It's a bit of a toss up, as to who I would rather see win this one. On the one hand, I don't really want to see Carlton win their first two. On the other hand, I would like to see Beveridge fronting the media after another loss. I mean, I'm genuinely curious, if he can consistently surpass Chris Scott as the AFL's narkiest coach? And of course, there's a few questions, that if asked, would help to answer that proposition. Such as, "Since Tom Morris has been sacked by Fox, wouldn't it be fair if the Bulldogs gave him a job?" Or, "You lost the game, but once again easily won the free kick count: is that some sort of consolation?" Or even, "Just looking at your new hairstyle, Luke, I'm wondering: what's your favourite Village People song?"

Now that I think of it, I do want the Bulldogs to lose.

On Friday night, we host the Cats. Which should be much tougher for the Cats, than their first round bye against the Bombers.

The first Saturday game is Pies v Crows. Pass.

The next game is the Bombers hosting the Lions. While the Bombers should be fresh after their first round performance against the Cats, it's hard to see them beating the Lions, who put in a strong performance to wear down the Power. On a side note, I find it strange that Mitch Robinson won't be playing, after being suspended for one week. Personally, I thought the Rioli incident was worse, but West Coast managed to get him off. I suspect that the tribunal is rating the severity of the incident, according to the injuries incurred in the incident. Rowell was uninjured, Duursma ended up with a broken collar bone, therefore the Robinson incident was worse: which I think is a touch misguided.

On Saturday night, an injury depleted Power should still be too good for the Hawks, while it's hard to see the Suns getting away to a two from two start to the season, as they play the Demons.

The first Sunday game has the Eagles as clear favourites against the Kangaroos. I didn't see the Kangaroos play last week, but that market suggests that they played really badly. But still, I wouldn't have any confidence in this Eagles side winning away from Perth.

The visiting side is favoured in the next match, as well, with a Tigers side missing Riewoldt, Martin and Prestia, every chance of losing against a Giants side that should get back Haynes and Hogan.

As is often the case, the round finishes in Perth, with a clash between two of the more enigmatic teams of recent seasons, the Dockers and the Saints. I wouldn't be surprised if either side won by around fifty points.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Thanks as always. I always love seeing this thread.

And that joke re the Cats getting a bye deserves special acknowledgement Titus.
    Last edited by i'm-uninformed2; 24th March 2022 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Oops - missed something
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Dustin Martin has reportedly taken some personal leave to deal with personal issues. Hasn't been ruled out this week but you'd have to think he's unlikely. Hope he works things out.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Thanks as always. I always love seeing this thread.

And that joke re the Cats getting a bye deserves special acknowledgement Titus.
    Hmm, I suspect that if we researched the history of the AFL, we could probably find the first usage of the bye joke, some time in late 19th century? Or maybe on an old Christmas cracker?

I find that by referring to Carlton as "George Hewett's team" I do not feel too bad in wishing them a win, particularly against the Bulldogs.

Veterans List
    Absolutely getting sick and effing tired of the gifts the Fairypups receive just before quarter time.....the free to Naughton was a joke as was the free to Weightman last week. It's repeatedly nauseating to see.

Luckily Naughton missed. Go "George Hewett's team"!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocker View Post
    I find that by referring to Carlton as "George Hewett's team" I do not feel too bad in wishing them a win, particularly against the Bulldogs.
    Nic Newman too. I'm interested to see how Carlton back up after last week, especially with (I assume) remote coaching. Look to be going OK so far.

Veterans List
    Naughton goals from another extremely soft free.

The comparison between what he receives versus what Buddy doesn't receive for worse infractions is stark and frustrating indeed.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    That free kick to Naughton was beyond ridiculous
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Very entertaining game - just checked the stats, and Carlton are leading in every category, have double the Dogs' score but have only half as many frees as the Dogs. Just dont know what can be done - has been going on for so long.

Veterans List
    Hilarious lack of self awareness from Fairypup fans.....George Hewetts team get a soft free in front and they're baying like Trumpers!

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Very entertaining game - just checked the stats, and Carlton are leading in every category, have double the Dogs' score but have only half as many frees as the Dogs. Just dont know what can be done - has been going on for so long.
    Well, every stat except free kicks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast