Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Rd 3 vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel - Pre-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I'm not quite sure how much McDonald and Ladhams understand or buy in to the level of effort required in a seniors game at this time. Watching McDonalds extended highlights he just doesn't seem to be busting himself. For a key forward his repeat sprint efforts should be high, however in the last game it was buddy who, at 34, had high repeat sprint efforts. I imagine the swans are all over the numbers and that McDonald has clear instructions on what is expected in his vfl games.
    I think that form and performances matter with our selectors and that is reflective of a well-managed Club. Selecting players on reputation etc is a recipe for underperformance. McLean and Armetey have form and deserve their spots. I will be at the game tonight with my son and hoping for a performance like we had against them like season. Can we match them in the midfield and create enough good chances for our forwards? If the answer is yes, then we can definitely win.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    That is indeed the almost unanimous consensus on RWO.
    What brought about this realisation, the forum posts or PM's asking you to ease up on your months of unremitting posting on the subject?
    People go on about it every time i post . Didn 't say anything about RB and theres a dozen comments about how i pick on him . Am i allowed to comment about any swans players anymore ?

Sam Reid has not appeared in any game since the practice match v North. After watching the VFL match v Bulldogs I am surprised that Armetey was favoured ahead of him.

Suspended by the MRP
    Amartey needs to do something , 5th yr now and hasn 't done much

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    People go on about it every time i post . Didn 't say anything about RB and theres a dozen comments about how i pick on him . Am i allowed to comment about any swans players anymore ?
    Enough! Just stop!

Off course you can comment on players. I and many other posters value your comments.

You are not mentioning Rowbottoms name and people are trying to start the 2021 arguments again. You have been very complementary on Rowbottoms tackling and endeavour.

You and no body else is compelled to like every player.

I was shouted down last year for going on about Papley giving away umpiring abuse free kicks.

It’s not you, it’s them.

The critique on some young players has been a bit harsh. Lately, It's been on Ladhams and Amartey. The competition for forward spots is keen and I wouldn't expect too many highlight games from any key forward other than Buddy Franklin, as long as Buddy is in the lineup. Ladhams and Amartey both had solid games in the VFL last week, albeit that Ladhams showed some ill discipline at times, and does need to get control of his emotions. It's early in the season; let's see how things unfold.

We've been lucky in recent years to have had so many young players step up and play good senior footy in their first few years, but we need to recognise that most players take a few years to develop to an reasonable AFL level, especially KPPs.

I am happy with where our list is, and willing to wait on those who are on a slower developmental track. And we shouldn't forget that Covid has put a dent in the development of players who have been drafted the past 3 years and should be given more time to show their wares.

Regular in the Side
    The VFL coaches are awarding 5-4-3-2-1 to their best players in the game from either team. In Round 1 Amartey scored 4 just behind Taylor and Clarke. Ladhams has not been awarded points. So the coaches dp rate Amartey. He just need more chances. Moreover, the Amatey "Party" has some marketing potentials.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I don't think anyone's suggesting you mustn't comment as you see fit, at all.
    Making out that I or anyone else is trying to impinge your freedom of expression is simply eyewash, it's just not plausible.

What you need to try to understand is that peoples perceptions of your posts, has generated a couple of reactions.
    a) Utilise their freedom of expression to say how monotonous they feel your posts are. and/or
    b) Come to the conclusion that your posts aren't really worth reading, and stop doing so.

Rather than simply arguing the toss, maybe take on board what people have been saying, either in the forums or as PM's.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW - I'm looking forward to seeing Amarty play. And I hope the indoor conditions will help our marking forwards to really stretch the Dog's defence.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I don't think anyone's suggesting you mustn't comment as you see fit, at all.
    Making out that I or anyone else is trying to impinge your freedom of expression is simply eyewash, it's just not plausible.

What you need to try to understand is that peoples perceptions of your posts, has generated a couple of reactions.
    a) Utilise their freedom of expression to say how monotonous they feel your posts are. and/or
    b) Come to the conclusion that your posts aren't really worth reading, and stop doing so.

Rather than simply arguing the toss, maybe take on board what people have been saying, either in the forums or as PM's.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW - I'm looking forward to seeing Amarty play. And I hope the indoor conditions will help our marking forwards to really stretch the Dog's defence.
    I thought i did do that , i said i wouldnt say anything about RB unless it was positive so ive said nothing about him and i make a comment about our depth with blokes like Amartey and Ronke flying down, and then i get hounded for not liking RB ? Can you see how im confused ? Reckon you lot misunderstood my comment , thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Off course you can comment on players. I and many other posters value your comments.

You are not mentioning Rowbottoms name and people are trying to start the 2021 arguments again. You have been very complementary on Rowbottoms tackling and endeavour.

You and no body else is compelled to like every player.

I was shouted down last year for going on about Papley giving away umpiring abuse free kicks.

It’s not you, it’s them.
    I thought i did do that , i said i wouldnt say anything about RB unless it was positive so ive said nothing about him and i make a comment about our depth with blokes like Amartey and Ronke flying down, and then i get hounded for not liking RB ? Can you see how im confused ? Reckon you lot misunderstood my comment , thats it
    Are you two really that delusional or is there some memory deficit at play? We don't need to travel far to see TB's diatribe on Rowbottom. Look at the first two posts TB made on the Round 2 v Cats thread:

25.03 07.43pm We could play without Wicks and Rowbottom tonight and we would be the same , probably better

25.03 08.09pm You watching the game ? Hardly touched it and when he does he butchers it . His just shocking . Good goal though

These comments are about Rowbottom, made by you TB and they're negative. There's no denying it, so why do you? Is it still everyone else Bangalore?

Back to the match tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing Amartey in action. I watched about half the ressies match and thought he was up and about in the forward half.

I think he's taken a little while to get there, but Amartey is exciting to watch. He's got a bit of spring when he needs to launch for a mark and shouldn't have the best defender on him tonight.

Let's hope there's cohesion in the forward line and the talls don't get in each other's way.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast