Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 3 vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel - Pre-Game Thread

Rd 3 vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel - Pre-Game Thread

Too soon? Even though Covid forced me to miss it live, I wish last Friday's game could last forever. Alas, the caravan moves on and with a Thursday night game, it's time for us to do our bit for the match committee.

In regards to changes, I'm guessing there aren't many. It wouldn't surprise me if Juzzy is given another week but if he is fully recovered then he is straight back in. There has been some talk that Buddy may get rested and although this is a possibility, my money is that he plays. This is an important game and with no travel yet this season, I reckon he plays. We all know that he is a team player first and so I also think that he would hate to have a rest after his 1000 goals and would rather show the young guys that you've got to keep trucking every week.

Ins: McInerney
    Outs: Wicks

Structurally, this looks odd at first glance but I think it works by pushing Kennedy to the centre and Gulden/Heeney/Parker forward.

Suspended by the MRP
    Jmac and Paps in

Out: Franklin, Wicks
    Ins : Amartey, J-Mac

6 day break, time for Buddy’s rostered game off. Can return to SCG in round 4.

Campbell may have to play a small forward role with Parker.

One more game for Logan before he’s rested.

Need to get a rest in for Gulden and Campbell over the next couple of weeks as they are 2nd year players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Jmac and Paps in
    I thought Paps was another week away? If he's back in too then I honestly don't know what to do. We may just have a rotating rest week. It's too hard.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I like the idea of Buddy playing, he can draw the best defender (or two) and open up the forward line for Heeney, Parker, Hayward .... or is it JPK's turn this week?
    Do we have someone that can run with/tag Bontompelli or is McCrae the more dangerous option?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I thought Paps was another week away? If he's back in too then I honestly don't know what to do. We may just have a rotating rest week. It's too hard.
    Dont know yet but if he is right , play him .

How nice to put the dogs at 0-3. Go Swans.

Senior Player
    The bulldogs dont have a great backline but that may be MORE reason to play Buddy. If we win this it sets us up hugely for a big season.

Buddy could play this game then North in Sydney the week after and not go to Perth for the Eagles. But in these 'chaos days' who knows what covid etc might bring.

I just noticed - if he played North then skipped the Eagles he would have a 16 day break- that might be the plan I would think.

I assume you believe that Papps will still be unavailable for this week? He must be close to being ready now and is an automatic selection if fit.

Nobody has mentioned Ladhams. If Buddy is rested, or McDonald dropped, then he could come in rather than Armetey. Ladhams seemed to have a pretty good VFL game based on the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I assume you believe that Papps will still be unavailable for this week? He must be close to being ready now and is an automatic selection if fit.
    He did his hamstring against GWS in the practice match on Friday 25 February. The recovery timeframe has always been stated as 6 weeks which would take him to the game against North Melbourne in round 4. This Thursday's game would only be just under 5 weeks from the injury. It would be great if he was available but I'm suggesting that it will be one more week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Ladhams. If Buddy is rested, or McDonald dropped, then he could come in rather than Armetey. Ladhams seemed to have a pretty good VFL game based on the highlights.
    It's probably just a preconception thing of mine but it feels wrong having Hickey, McLean, and Ladhams all in the same team. I think Ladhams is competing with McLean and so far McLean has done nothing to suggest being dropped.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast