Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Rd 3 vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel - Pre-Game Thread

Senior Player
    Damian Barrett talking about tonight’s game and spends about seven minutes raving about our list and that we are right up there for the premiership.

He is apparently obsessed with Campbell’s potential.

AFL Daily: Someone has to do something they haven’t done on an AFL ground

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Damian Barrett talking about tonight’s game and spends about seven minutes raving about our list and that we are right up there for the premiership.

I'm not a massive fan of either David King or Damien Barrett's commentary style - but to be fair to them both, they were seeing what the rest of us started seeing in switch of game style, young talent etc in late 2020, and predicted good things for the Swans last year when most had us still languishing
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    People go on about it every time i post . Didn 't say anything about RB and theres a dozen comments about how i pick on him . Am i allowed to comment about any swans players anymore ?
    Vague comments, without specifics, like 'we are carrying some dead weight' breed speculation. So.....are you honestly saying that comment was NOT referring to James?

I started watching the Swans seriously in 2002.

This 2022 team is the best Swans team I’ve seen in that time. They’re better than the 2005-2006 team and better than the 2012-2016 team. The ball use it far superior, the game plan is exciting and there’s better players on every line.

The team is also younger than the other teams with far greater upside.

I'm keen to see Amartey tonight. I mentioned in the VFL thread that I thought he looked like a man amongst boys in the periods of the game I saw. He didn't ruck at all and was played as a mobile forward. If our standards remain high and we don't get done dry by the umpires, we really should win. Of course, there is always a chance of a let down after last week which is why I don't gamble on football.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I'm keen to see Amartey tonight. I mentioned in the VFL thread that I thought he looked like a man amongst boys in the periods of the game I saw. He didn't ruck at all and was played as a mobile forward. If our standards remain high and we don't get done dry by the umpires, we really should win. Of course, there is always a chance of a let down after last week which is why I don't gamble on football.
    Bookmakers have the Dogs as slight favourites. In the Dog's forums, they would be saying they should win as they have the motivation of avoiding a 0-3 start, and we are without Papley and JMac and they have Naughton back. Who is right? I think this is a 50-50 danger game.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think this is a 50-50 danger game.
    I don't think it qualifies as a danger game. That suggests it's a game we really ought to win but might not if we're slightly off. Despite losing their first two games, and playing below the level they are capable of, the Dogs are still a good side, playing at home. It's a game we are certainly capable of winning, and I'll be disappointed if we don't, but not one we "ought to win", as such.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think it qualifies as a danger game. That suggests it's a game we really ought to win but might not if we're slightly off. Despite losing their first two games, and playing below the level they are capable of, the Dogs are still a good side, playing at home. It's a game we are certainly capable of winning, and I'll be disappointed if we don't, but not one we "ought to win", as such.
    Fair enough, it is a 50-50 non-danger game then

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Vague comments, without specifics, like 'we are carrying some dead weight' breed speculation. So.....are you honestly saying that comment was NOT referring to James?
    Yes ! If i wanted to knock RB i would do it . I was talking about the fact we are bringing down players like Amartey and Ronke when our depth is supposed to be so great . A few injuries and we are back to the same old names that don 't do much . I want to see Roberts debut , him and Gus would offer more

Ronke medical sub!!!!

Yes ! If i wanted to knock RB i would do it . I was talking about the fact we are bringing down players like Amartey and Ronke when our depth is supposed to be so great . A few injuries and we are back to the same old names that don 't do much . I want to see Roberts debut , him and Gus would offer more
    I think Roberts & Gus would more likely play than Ronke or Bell if there was a space available in the starting 22. Bell, Ronke, Taylor, Clarke, Fox, COR could all be used as a medi sub on a relatively rotating basis.

Veterans List
    Fair enough TB.....we finally got the specifics.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910