Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Rd 3 vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel - Match Thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Interesting work Neil. What about goals and behinds? Does that show anything different?
    An excellent question, and I'm struggling a bit with the data to answer it. I think I've got the kicked behinds, but having trouble with the rushed. I'll report back when I understand it!

People might argue that an extra 6 points from frees (and maybe some behinds), equals a fair chunk of the margin of 11. And they might be right. I guess my point is that if the differential were very important, the margin should be a lot more. And were the frees that led to scores the "good ones" - those that were there, as judged by an impartial observer? A fan might say no frees against are good, or course

Senior Player
    What the stats can’t really show is the opportunity cost. Our possession chains or attacks interrupted through bad calls. Of course not every chain or inside 50 leads to a score, but it is obvious some calls kill a drive or the momentum.

Conversely, uneven officiating where the other team is not called for HTB or incorrect disposal (when we get called for similar or less infringement) that then allows the other team to maintain their attack when it should have been stopped.

Not saying we deserved to win last week, but we might not have been so far behind early on and even gotten the lead a couple of times.

We were certainly outplayed and they had more energy and attack in the first half, but the officiating was just sickening and made the game so I enjoyable to watch.

Pushing for Selection
    Perhaps when we next play this mob, we enquire as to whether Daryl Hair is available to umpire the game, At least he has the grapefruits to call players for throwing.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Perhaps when we next play this mob, we enquire as to whether Daryl Hair is available to umpire the game, At least he has the grapefruits to call players for throwing.
    😁😁😁😁YES. CAN NOT BE WORSE THEN WHAT IS CURRENTLY UMPIRING!!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728