Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 3 vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel - Match Thread

Veterans List
    That late handball by Parker is indicative of how we are playing. All the luck is going the way of the Bulldogs. Ball bounces their way and the ball comes off the pack to one of them. There is not a creative small forward. McLean and Amartey are slow talls. Getting done for pace big time.
    Last edited by Nico; 31st March 2022 at 08:36 PM.

Veterans List
    Well, that was a tad embarrassing but I'm strangely calm. I am not surprised by our teams flatness and lack of focus. It was my biggest fear coming into this week...a letdown, oh and of course the umpiring but that's almost a gimme now......with the free kick count currently sitting at 17 to 7.

Funnily, we can still win it but their has to be a huge improvement.

Never much fun to watch a scoreless quarter, or a one goal half. Too many kicks and handballs just missing the targets. Not enough hard running.

But still, I think we're a pretty good chance of coming back. Dogs didn't put us away, since they missed plenty

Veterans List
    On the frees: it is the inconsistency that gets me. They get a brush on the shoulder, free. Heeney gets clipped around the ears, play on. The free in the square was clearly against Stephens for holding. Just plain dumb. JUH gets a free for holding after clearly throwing the ball out in front of himself.

I thought this was tomorrow night .
    Looks like a train wreck .

Veteran Site Admin
    Our boys just look timid and flat footed. Dogs are structured up well and taking our game away from us, but we're contributing to our own demise plenty too. The only "positive" is that the Dogs have kicked 4.10 so the game isn't away from us on the scoreboard.

Weightman just has to look at the ball to get a free. And that's an observation based on many games against other opposition, not just tonight. And application of the HTB rule hasn't noticeably improved. JUH has possession, drops it cold as soon as tackled by Rampe, but because he throws it away from his body the umpire decides Rampe's tackle has lingered, even though it was just one movement.

of chances. I also think they've been a bit lucky, so many contested balls have just bounced their way. That should even up.
    And of course, I'm thoroughly sick of free kick Bulldogs.

Senior Player
    Pressure on John now to adapt our game plan to address the forward pressure that #freekickbulldogs are applying.
    The whole team seems off synch tonight so far hopefully some home truths are being delivered.
    Look to reset and start over in the second half
    And again let’s address the obvious poor discipline that leaves us down in the free kick count by 17-7.

Veterans List
    McInerney and Papley must come back in. 2 players who create something.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Our boys just look timid and flat footed. Dogs are structured up well and taking our game away from us, but we're contributing to our own demise plenty too. The only "positive" is that the Dogs have kicked 4.10 so the game isn't away from us on the scoreboard.

Weightman just has to look at the ball to get a free. And that's an observation based on many games against other opposition, not just tonight. And application of the HTB rule hasn't noticeably improved. JUH has possession, drops it cold as soon as tackled by Rampe, but because he throws it away from his body the umpire decides Rampe's tackle has lingered, even though it was just one movement.
    That Rampe decision was genuinely one of the worst I've seen. Takes on the tackler, gets tackled, drops ball, instantaneous holding free.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    On the frees: it is the inconsistency that gets me. They get a brush on the shoulder, free. Heeney gets clipped around the ears, play on. The free in the square was clearly against Stephens for holding. Just plain dumb. JUH gets a free for holding after clearly throwing the ball out in front of himself.
    Umpiring like this ruins the game. I agree the inconsistency is infuriating and makes the game a boring fest of free kick bulldogs- seriously 24 frees in a half of football? that's ridiculous it's amateur hour.... I'm also furious that the umpires don't protect our players from dangerous tackles like the one you cited above. That will, one day, be the cause of a serious injury.

We are playing woefully, but I would be playing woefully too if I was in a match being umpired like that. We are furious, imagine how the players feel?

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    17-7 free kick count. The radio just said 17-5 free kick count. Not including OOB full. Reminds me of the 2016 GF. Though it is the worse game I have seen the Swans played in the last 12 months.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast