Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 4: the other games. Am I looking at this the right way up?

Round 4: the other games. Am I looking at this the right way up?

To me, it's a strange looking ladder after Round 3. Carlton are unbeaten. Hawthorn and Collingwood are in the eight, when I expected them to be a couple of the main contenders for the spoon. Though I suppose there's every chance that the wheels will soon start to fall off. At the other end, Port and Essendon are winless, when I rated them as top eight sides. Though again, there's still plenty of time to rebuild their seasons.

And on rebuilding, I wonder how many Port fans, after their loss last week, said to themselves: okay, we're 0/3, but we can get back to 1/3 with a win next week; who do we have next week? Melbourne, oh @@@@! Which is tonight's match. Oh well, at least Port are at home. And looking at the bright side, if they do manage to pull off an unlikely win, it will be the sort of inspiring victory, that would get the optimism flowing once again.

On Friday night, the not so convincing Geelong, are favourites against the convincing Brisbane. Yes, I know that Geelong don't often lose at the Cattery, but still.

The first game on Saturday, will see us and North doing a live test of just how good the drainage at the SCG is these days.

The next Saturday is Collingwood hosting West Coast. Who knows what sort of team West Coast will field, but even if they get a heap of players back, they still have a history of poor form in Melbourne. So, there's every chance they'll end up 0/4, with little chance of making the eight. Although, the problem with that is Collingwood being 3/1. Would a draw be the best result?

The twilight in the west game is Fremantle hosting GWS. It'd be nice if GWS slumped to 1/3, but I never have any real confidence in Fremantle doing me any favours.

The other Saturday game is Richmond v Western Bulldogs. Probably the main interest in this game, will be just how unhinged the Tigers fans will become, when served up another edition of 'free kick, Bulldogs'.

The first Sunday game is the winless Essendon hosting Adelaide. No preference.

Then the surprisingly good so far, Hawthorn, take on St Kilda. This is followed by the surprisingly good so far, Carlton, travelling to the Gold Coast. I wouldn't mind both Hawthorn and Carlton suffer surprisingly large defeats, but like Fremantle, I have very little confidence in the Saints and the Suns doing me a favour.

I love Michael Voss, but I think Carlton are punching above their weight at the moment. They have a good list, that with more game time together will be strong by the end of the year, but for now they are just getting over the line, and look exhausted by 3/4 time. They'll probably make the 8, but not really contenders.
    Hawthorn and Collingwood have no place in the 8, and will be shipped out shortly.

Pretty boring round this one. The best I can hope for match of the round (Rich v dogs) is a nil all draw and significant injuries to key players.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    This is always the best thread of the week, so thanks for initiating it as always.

Not much to care about here, but there is a little part of me that wants the Gold Coast to win, just to see the panic and doubt seep back into the Carlton supporter ranks. They'll be ringing talkback radio on Monday demanding Voss be sacked.

Otherwise, as always, [fill in blank] to beat the Cheats.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    This is always the best thread of the week, so thanks for initiating it as always.

Not much to care about here, but there is a little part of me that wants the Gold Coast to win, just to see the panic and doubt seep back into the Carlton supporter ranks. They'll be ringing talkback radio on Monday demanding Voss be sacked.

Thanks.

Since the Suns games are always on TV here, I often tune in thinking that the good Suns will turn up and I'll enjoy watching a fun upset. Unfortunately, I often end up sitting through a couple quarters of insipid performance. Strangely, I'll probably tune in on Sunday, thinking that the good Suns will turn up.

Ditto to this comment. Always a fun and informative introduction by deja.

Agree to this thread being entertaining and thanks to deja. I hope Port get over the line tonight simply to assist with the first round pick we inherit off the Dees.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Agree to this thread being entertaining and thanks to deja. I hope Port get over the line tonight simply to assist with the first round pick we inherit off the Dees.
    Well, this thread is far more interesting than the Power/Demon game. Almost half way through the second quarter and the the combined score of the two teams is 1.9. 15.
    It's a shocker!

Senior Player
    1.9.15 combined halfway thru the second quarter. Hard to believe these two are meant to be premiership chances. I think I better
    put away the laundry. It'll be more exciting than this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Well, this thread is far more interesting than the Power/Demon game. Almost half way through the second quarter and the the combined score of the two teams is 1.9. 15.
    It's a shocker!
    I don't watch enough of other teams to have an informed opinion, but I think Port are definitely poorer without Allir. I don't know what's going on with the Dees. They don't seem switched on, so I hope they get rolled.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Demons have come to life with 4 quick goals. Power are still comatose.

Looks like it's going the other way. Port may be goalless at half time.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Looks like it's going the other way. Port may be goalless at half time.
    The way this game is going, they’re likely to be goalless at full-time.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast