Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 3: the other games. Well, I guess I love the game.

Veterans List
    We all hate Hawthorn so obviously want them to lose.

Carlton we've enjoyed being inept losers for a decade and wanted it to continue but looks like after two decades in the wilderness they might finally be realising their potential on the back of more than half a team of trade ins.

Big comeback by Hawthorn; this game’s not over yet!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

It’s well into the last quarter, and Carlton have only kicked 3 goals since quarter time. The Hawks have hit the front!

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    It’s well into the last quarter, and Carlton have only kicked 3 goals since quarter time. The Hawks have hit the front!

A lukewarm draw would be nice.

Almost as good as a draw; Carlton won by a point, breaking Hawthorn hearts but managing to look pretty inept at the same time, after leading by 41 points in the 2nd quarter.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Almost as good as a draw; Carlton won by a point, breaking Hawthorn hearts but managing to look pretty inept at the same time, after leading by 41 points in the 2nd quarter.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    I don't mind the result either. It stings for a bit to lose by so little. You start to think about the what ifs and hopefully this is a catalyst to the Hawks' demise this season.

Senior Player
    I counted six ex-Sydney team players playing for Carlton today. Newman and Hewett (who had a good game), and also Setterfield,
    Plowman, Williams & Kennedy from the Giants. If the Blues do any good this year (still doubtful imo) we'll have the city of Sydney
    to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I counted six ex-Sydney team players playing for Carlton today. Newman and Hewett (who had a good game), and also Setterfield,
    Plowman, Williams & Kennedy from the Giants. If the Blues do any good this year (still doubtful imo) we'll have the city of Sydney
    to blame.
    There's also Luke Parks, who played in Carlton's VFL side today, after playing some senior games for them last year. He's a product of our academy, who Carlton drafted after he went to the SANFL for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Then I hope it's Hird.
    Hird should have had a permanent ban from any connection to the AFL. The fact he is trying to slide in via a small outpost club outside the AFL spotlight just reeks of Hird for Hirds sake. Giants could be that desperate though.

Amazing to think after our decent start to the season we're only coming 8th!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Amazing to think after our decent start to the season we're only coming 8th!
    Yes, but after a handy rest, we play North next Saturday and West Coast the week after. So, that should see us rise a few spots.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, but after a handy rest, we play North next Saturday and West Coast the week after. So, that should see us rise a few spots.
    But have you seen Carlton's next four rounds? They are playing the Suns, Port, Freo then North. Yet another handout by the AFL
    to a big Melbourne club.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast