Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why Cyril Rioli left Hawthorn

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    If it gets turned into a whodunnit its because these officials and ex players are worried about themselves and their public image.
    Why do there always have to be so many rules, provisos and caveats before an indigenous footballer speaks his mind about racism
    at footy clubs? I'm always reminded of "tough guy" Dermott saying the Carlton supporters at the SCG should have been warned before
    the game that Adam might be doing a war dance that he had earlier done with an U16 team because it was "frightening". Dermott
    didn't say how. Maybe a post on the Carlton Supporters facebook page? Or maybe Adam should have left an A4 flyer (entitled "U16 War
    Dance Warning") on the seats in the bay where the Carlton fans were sitting?
    It won't be long before sections of the AFL community are pushing for NDIS funding for white fellas feeling threatened by statements
    about racism in football from indigenous players even though "it wasn't them".
    Was it Charlie Pickering who did the riff around that time on 'how dare an indigenous player during indigenous round wearing an indigenous guernsey kicking a football with an indigenous image on it do an indigenous thing without telling anybody?'
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    She isnt to be trusted because she is a reporter . She is just doing her job but that is to get the story out of Cyril . She wouldn 't give a rats you know what if there was any blowback for him.
    For someone who was railing against other posters condemnatory generalisations, that is a stupendously broad brush you're using to tar Wilson.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What seemed strange to me was the lack of indigenous players coming out in support of Goodesy. Maybe they were afraid to.
    Maybe they were - at least one admits as much.

‘I was drowning inside’: Betts feared same fate as Goodes if he called out racial abuse earlier

The quote "I had a big smile on my face but I was drowning inside" makes that Colgate "smile strong" advertisement ring rather hollow. As my partner said "that ad should have racists and misogynists looking in the mirror as they brush their teeth."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    For someone who was railing against other posters condemnatory generalisations, that is a stupendously broad brush you're using to tar Wilson.
    Nothing against her , she does her job and is good at it . Top of a reporters priority list is get the story , not the consequences for the person giving the story . Thats the nature of the beast

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Was it Charlie Pickering who did the riff around that time on 'how dare an indigenous player during indigenous round wearing an indigenous guernsey kicking a football with an indigenous image on it do an indigenous thing without telling anybody?'
    It was outrageous. Look at the damage it did to the Carlton footy club. It's taken them seven years after that terrifying day to be able to
    put together three good games in a row.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Burgoyne seems an Uncle Tom to me.

His half time interview tonight was a total dead bat and I thought he threw Cyril under the bus. Didn’t see anything, not to my knowledge etc.

Such a shame because he could have been such an important voice in that whole saga.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345