Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 4 vs North Melbourne @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

6 weeks out at least for Hickey is not good at all. Decent amount of time for Ladhams to make a genuine mark however and stake his claim to stay in the team when Hickey returns.

I could see Mclean going out for McDonald up forward, and then other changes of course if Papley or Mcinerney are available and fit. Former would seem very unlikely, but fingers crossed on the latter mentioned.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    6 weeks out at least for Hickey is not good at all. Decent amount of time for Ladhams to make a genuine mark however and stake his claim to stay in the team when Hickey returns.

I could see Mclean going out for McDonald up forward, and then other changes of course if Papley or Mcinerney are available and fit. Former would seem very unlikely, but fingers crossed on the latter mentioned.
    Not good news about Hickey. I hope Ladhams does step up. I've quite liked his VFL performances, but more for his tackling, second efforts and marking. Ruck wise, I'm not sure if he'll consistently beat too many AFL level ruckmen, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Hopefully that only means 2 weeks for Hickey

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Hopefully that only means 2 weeks for Hickey
    Fingers crossed but that article on the Swans page is not optimistic - not that we often are when talking about injuries per say.

On paper we don't have an overly difficult run of games coming up, so could be worse times for him to miss. But games that seem simple on paper aren't always that either.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Interested on your thoughts on Cunningham's job on Weightman. I thought Harry gave him way to much space and allowed him too many opportunities to run and jump at the ball coming in. Not to say I'd drop him after one bad performance but did you notice the same?
    He did well against Cats but last week was poor and against GWS he looked old and slow.

Suspended by the MRP
    Hickey 6 weeks , spewing , Goldstein and Nic Nat coming up

In Ladhams , Jmac , Paps , McDonald
    Out Hickey , Rowbottom, Wicks and Mclean

Prefer Amartey to Mclean, at least his mobile and decent tap ruck

Regular in the Side
    Papley not available. Needs another week.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Horse said JMac likely to return. Paps still building with an eye on following week. Seemed to be leaning towards McDonald having a short stint in twos to build consistency and batch of good form for confidence, rather than yo yo him in and out of team, but praised his game last weekend. Bud to play.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Horse said JMac likely to return. Paps still building with an eye on following week. Seemed to be leaning towards McDonald having a short stint in twos to build consistency and batch of good form for confidence, rather than yo yo him in and out of team, but praised his game last weekend. Bud to play.
    Yep- In: Ladhams and JMac
    Out: Hickey, Wicks

Of course, those who think Wicks is needed for forward pressure will retain him, and then drop Rowy (TB) or Stephens for JMac.

For me, it’s a no brainer: send Wicks to the twos to regain form and keep the other two.
    Hopefully there are no other injuries!

If we make Joey the med sub, maybe we can bring in one of the draftees!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Yep- In: Ladhams and JMac
    Out: Hickey, Wicks

Of course, those who think Wicks is needed for forward pressure will retain him, and then drop Rowy (TB) or Stephens for JMac.

For me, it’s a no brainer: send Wicks to the twos to regain form and keep the other two.
    Hopefully there are no other injuries!

If we make Joey the med sub, maybe we can bring in one of the draftees!
    yes I think this is the most likely changes. I also think Kennedy sub and bring in Roberts.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Agreed.

The question is who McInerney will replace. Stephens and Campbell the obvious candidates. I'd prefer Stephens to be given a chance to atone and Campbell to build continuity.

Cunningham hasn't been great, but it's hard to see them losing faith this quickly.

Wicks is the other one - his discipline and decision-making isn't improving. Rowbottom could move forward - he has good pressure and is a great open-play shot for goal, but his short kicking isn't great. I thought Campbell showed promise forward late last year.

I suspect Dylan will miss

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Interested on your thoughts on Cunningham's job on Weightman. I thought Harry gave him way to much space and allowed him too many opportunities to run and jump at the ball coming in. Not to say I'd drop him after one bad performance but did you notice the same?
    Harry got penalised for what looked like two legal spoils (both in qtr 1 from memory) that can’t have helped his approach to the game.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast