Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 4 vs North Melbourne @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

I wonder if the weather forecast impacts selection. It’s possible we go with a two tall setup in the forward line and play Heeney, Parker, and Gulden more forward.

Amartey did a good job in the last game but are we too tall in the forward line with 3 talls - Buddy, McLean and Amartey?

Maybe we can try 2 talls As both Hayward and Heeney can play tall. And put Gulden and other mids as pressure forwards? But I don’t have a confidence in playing any combination that does not involve Buddy. McLean and Amartey or Amartey and Logan either about the same.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

Cunningham hasn't been great, but it's hard to see them losing faith this quickly.
    I didn't particularly notice Cunningham having a worse game than most of the team on Friday. If I watched a replay I (which I don't plan to) that might change.

He was outstanding against Geelong.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I didn't particularly notice Cunningham having a worse game than most of the team on Friday. If I watched a replay I (which I don't plan to) that might change.

He was outstanding against Geelong.
    Yeah, I might watch the replay; once I finish watching the replay of the 2016 GF. I think the furthest I ever got, was about half way through the third quarter.

Veterans List
    Minimal changes, just Ladhams for Hickey and McInerney for someone.

Just looked at the Sydney forecast - YUK! That and the massive baking Norf players got from everyone about lack of effort means this may be closer than we'd like. Might be conditions made for gut running tacklers, luckily we have a few.

Kennedy back in the CB if conditions are bad.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Just looked at the Sydney forecast - YUK!
    I wouldn't take too much notice of the weather forecast - yet. Our first two rounds were forecast to be met with "rain bombs" and that didn't eventuate in either. Fingers crossed that we won't see anything too bad.

Veterans List
    Any dampness will assist Norf in keeping the margin respectable, I wanted a fast dry track. We'll get what we get.

Norf must be firm favourites for the Spoon you'd think. Can collect their second Number One pick in consecutive seasons but unfortunately for them they don't have any second or third rounders as they traded them away last year!

List management is such an art as much as a science, very easy to muck it up and it then takes years to rectify, very difficult to get out of the doom cycle. Norf appear to have mucked it up

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Horse said JMac likely to return. Paps still building with an eye on following week. Seemed to be leaning towards McDonald having a short stint in twos to build consistency and batch of good form for confidence, rather than yo yo him in and out of team, but praised his game last weekend. Bud to play.
    I have hunch Logan will come in the following week against the Eagles in Perth (home town debut), where we'll be likely to rest Buddy.

Senior Player
    Longmire has said Ladhams is playing and that he has had an interrupted pre-season and niggles.

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/1094888?mi_u=34aea8a33549b6c204bfa0d73b0a51473e83a f20&mi_ecmp=aflrunner&team=Sydney%20Swans&spMailingID=8125416&spUserID=MjkxNDczNzQwNTQzS0&spJobID=1480149509&spReportId=MTQ4MDE0OTUwOQS2&mi_cmp=5e0736ee0a34ecd4&mi_sc=t

Veterans List
    Kenny's back!

Kenny returns to Lakeside Oval

It's going to be a sad day when Kenny and his better half 'move on'.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Kenny's back!

Yes, and since Kenny no longer does it, I do think another faithful fan should be chosen to lead the song. That way, it's likely to return to being sung, rather than the rapid, tuneless shouting, that happens when footballers are left to their own devices.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Kenny's back!

So glad to see he is still going along okay (although health not what it was). One of the fools on telly speculated (without basis) the other week he has passed away.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast