Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 4 vs North Melbourne @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    If we didnt sign Ladhams and Hickey got a 6 week plus injury as he has...........would we have been in deep doo doo for 2022 ?

Or is it to early to say re Ladhams making a difference in the absence of Hickey?
    I'm not expecting Ladhams to dominate the hitouts and present it to our mids on a platter (I don't think there's a single ruck in the comp who does this week in week out). But as long as he competes in the ruck contest then follows up around the park better than what Sinclair is capable of, then I'll be happy.

If we dont beat Norf by a hundred points this round, I dont think we are a genuine premiership threat.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If we dont beat Norf by a hundred points this round, I dont think we are a genuine premiership threat.
    Gee Barry, no pressure.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Based on the current weather - if we kick half of that and win I think we are a premiership contender.

Senior Player
    Ladhams JMac and Sam Reid in didn’t see Sam as an option to be honest

- - - Updated - - -

Dylan and Joel the outs apart from the obvious Hickey out

I'm sure like many, surprised and disappointed by the Reid selection. Thought amartey looked exciting as a back up ruck, offering more upside out of the middle than McLean or Reid. Amartey needs a few games to build confidence and Reid is probably in the last season or two of his career.

Also I think playing McLean in the wet could be a bit of a mistake

I would have dropped Hayden and kept Joel. Shows you what I know!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    My guess is it was something in Amartey’s forward game they didn’t like when he was down there before Hickey went off, as he did ok in the ruck and Horse said so afterwards.

I’d also think Sam is more likely to be relief ruck than McLean.

But above all, JMac is back. Yeah baby.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

On the veteran's list
    Weather forecast seems to be improving for Saturday arvo.

If it's clear weather I don't mind McLean with two other talls in the forward 50, but it's the selection of Reid over Amartey (and even McDonald) that seems odd

Its very interesting to see Reid in but good luck to him. Lots of other younger players could have taken that slot. Disappointing that Dylan is omitted given his great pre-season and early season form. Hope he can fight his way back into the side quickly.

All the changes are like for like which tells me that they are sticking with their structure no matter what. I'd prefer to have kept Amartey in but there really isn't a lot of difference in output between him and Reid.

It also seems to me that Horse wants a certain level of experience in the team.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast