Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 4 vs North Melbourne @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

Rd 4 vs North Melbourne @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

Things are always more interesting after a rough loss. Good teams respond.

I doubt Horse wants to make too many changes but with a Hickey injured and McInerney and Papley likely available, there should be at least three.

Out: Hickey, Wicks, Stephens/Campbell/Kennedy
    In: Ladhams, Papley, McInerney

I’m not thrilled with what I saw of Ladhams form in the ruck in the VFL. We will likely lose hitouts but I think he and Amartey can be a handful around the ground.

I really don’t know which winger/halfback goes for Juzzy but someone has to and so I’ve cowardly nominated Stephens, Campbell, or JPK.

For me

Out:
    Hickey (injured), Wicks (omitted), Stephens (omitted)

In:
    Papley, McDonald, McInerney

I reckon Amartey dominated in the ruck in the second half, so I'd play him as the primary ruck with McLean to back him up. McDonald dominated the reserves so I'd like to see him get a go over Ladhams

Out: Hickey, McLean, Wicks, Rowbottom

Ins : Ladhams, Logan, J-Mac, Papley

Ladhams an opportunity. Papley for Wicks, J-Mac for Rowbottom.

I’m not happy with McLeans lack of mobility and inability to bring the ball to ground consistently enough. I’m going for Logan’s mobility and skills and Franklin, Amartey and Logan provide a better balanced forward line.

On the veteran's list
    I know we should win regardless, but North will come out smoking after the baking their coach has given them.

On the veteran's list
    Changes:
    Out: Hickey, Wicks, Cunningham,
    In: McDonald, Papley, McInerney

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I reckon Amartey dominated in the ruck in the second half, so I'd play him as the primary ruck with McLean to back him up. McDonald dominated the reserves so I'd like to see him get a go over Ladhams
    The GC 2's rucks got the better of Ladhams.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    For me

Out:
    Hickey (injured), Wicks (omitted), Stephens (omitted)

In:
    Papley, McDonald, McInerney

I would agree with this. I am worried about Goldstein and Xerri v Amartey and McLean though. If North can get quality ball from stoppages, certainly can hurt us with Larkey, Zurhaar, Stephenson and a resting ruck up forward. So maybe Ladhams for McLean. Lions were just red-hot, wouldn't necessarily say North sucked despite score line. Danger game in my books.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Out: Hickey, McLean, Wicks, Rowbottom

Ins : Ladhams, Logan, J-Mac, Papley

Ladhams an opportunity. Papley for Wicks, J-Mac for Rowbottom.

I’m not happy with McLeans lack of mobility and inability to bring the ball to ground consistently enough. I’m going for Logan’s mobility and skills and Franklin, Amartey and Logan provide a better balanced forward line.
    I agree on McLean. Amartey's ruck work, second efforts and mobility are far superior. McLean played from behind and when in front or to the side was easily bumped out of the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I agree on McLean. Amartey's ruck work, second efforts and mobility are far superior. McLean played from behind and when in front or to the side was easily bumped out of the contest.
    Out - Hickey, Buddy, Wicks, Kennedy, Stephens
    In - Ladhams, Logan, Papley, Mcinerney, Roberts

I reckon Buddy needs rest and so does Kennedy. Kennedy on the Wing is not working and not going to work against fast opposition. His best position is inside Midfield and everything else is going to be a problem.

Stephens or Florent need to stand up in games and you could choose who to give a rest to. I have been very critical of Florent in the past and I am going to go against him again. He just disappears in 2/3 games and that is not good enough for a player of his calibre or standing within our unit. Stephens is still learning and I am ok if they leave him there against North. But he should aspire to be the next Bailey Smith. Do the inside outside role and use his kicking skills. That is the reason he got drafted for. He probably has another 2 years to show what he has got.

Our midfield with slow players (some tired and some did not fire a shot) hurt us last week and we need to fix it and get our turnover game going otherwise we would be the middle of the road team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Changes:
    Out: Hickey, Wicks, Cunningham,
    In: McDonald, Papley, McInerney
    Interested on your thoughts on Cunningham's job on Weightman. I thought Harry gave him way to much space and allowed him too many opportunities to run and jump at the ball coming in. Not to say I'd drop him after one bad performance but did you notice the same?

Ladhams is confirmed as Hickey's replacement so we can end that speculation.

Ladhams set to make club debut

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yep, though I've long thought McLean was the slightly better forward, and Amartey the more natural ruck.

Neither are true ruck height. McLean lacks the leap, mobility and agility to make up for it. Whereas as we saw on the weekend, Amartey has a leap and even if he loses the ruck contest, Amartey isn't out of the play. I think Horse made a point at his press conference of praising his work 'in the scramble'. In tight spaces, your first two or three steps need to be quick to create space for yourself. Amartey has that over McLean.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast