1 - Florent

Which means Noble:

5 - McInerney
    4 - Ziebell
    3 - Simpkin
    2 - Florent
    1 - Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Hayward has been underwhelming, but then he is kicking goals, which is handy in your forward line. Given the disrupted nature of our front 6, i don't think he is going anywhere. Could do with a lift, mind.
    He is not the best but he can mark the ball, negate a HBF, good kick for goal, and generally gives his best. But there are obvious negatives with him but I don’t think there are any great players on our list to compete against him. Maybe Marc Sheather in the future? Or Fox ?

Not having Papley and Wicks struggling along with Gulden, our forward 50 pressure has dropped and that is the reason players like Hayward get exposed. He is not going to pressure as much as the others but if others do he can get to dangerous positions and given him and Heeney can play taller and mark the ball, it makes them dangerous.

I would rather worry about our midfield and i think it needs a bit more restructuring.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Coaches votes

VOTES - PLAYER (CLUB)
    10 Justin McInerney (SYD)
    8 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
    5 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
    3 Callum Mills (SYD)
    3 Oliver Florent (SYD)
    1 Jake Lloyd (SYD)

My guess:

Longmire:
    5 - McInerney
    4 - Ziebell
    3 - Mills
    2 - Simpkin
    1 - Florent

Which means Noble:

5 - McInerney
    4 - Ziebell
    3 - Simpkin
    2 - Florent
    1 - Lloyd
    Usually I defer to the coaches and I'm quite happy when my opinion correlates with theirs, but I definitely thought that Campbell was worth a vote. Lloyd didn't really catch my eye.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Usually I defer to the coaches and I'm quite happy when my opinion correlates with theirs, but I definitely thought that Campbell was worth a vote. Lloyd didn't really catch my eye.
    Campbell was great.

I was most surprised by Heeney's absence. He willed us across the line in the last quarter: the gut running goal summed it up. He said after the game that he felt off before the game yet still managed a game high 11 tackles, 27 pressure acts. Got the most out of himself. No way Lloyd had a greater impact on the game's outcome.

Campbell was in our top5 best stat's last wknd against the kangas

He for is showing why a fair few said it will be very difficult to stop him being in our best 22 and one or two others will fall out....IF he maintained a strong trajectory of influence on the game.

For me he is already showing his impact and importance via his exits.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Some of the free kicks were there- but seriously it's like every time there's a stoppage a North player is begging for a free...and sometimes they get it.

We are upping the intensity now- Buddy seems to think he's superman- but I can forgive him for that- he can win a game in 10 minutes, so a few indiscretions here and there aren't important...

I think the mids are a bit down and we're missing Hickey...
    I think he forgets he is an aging fading star. He is still trying to play like he did at 25 but at 34 his body is not responding. He is not as agile. I thought he was playing for Buddy too much. Overdoing everything, believing in his own immortality.

JPK is another one. Slow as an old wet week. Needs to be dropped. I don't think he has a plan B. It is mids or nothing.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    It was Campbell’s best game for us. I know he had a couple of good ones last year, but that was when we were flying and had the run of play.

What impressed me most was he was the only four quarter player, along with Mills. Others had good patches or a good second half, but he helped keep it together when we were flat in the first half. And just to the eye at least, I’m not sure I’d seen him win as many 50-50 balls as he did against North.

He was certainly better than Lloyd, who’s kicking was meh and he kept running himself or teammates into tight spots.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I am starting to wonder if we are far too undisciplined because this is happening to us week after week! Longmire needs to address it either way!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    That is not the case. It is the bloody cheating mugs in Green/Yellow who are the problem.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It was Campbell’s best game for us. I know he had a couple of good ones last year, but that was when we were flying and had the run of play.

What impressed me most was he was the only four quarter player, along with Mills. Others had good patches or a good second half, but he helped keep it together when we were flat in the first half. And just to the eye at least, I’m not sure I’d seen him win as many 50-50 balls as he did against North.

He was certainly better than Lloyd, who’s kicking was meh and he kept running himself or teammates into tight spots.
    Spot on, Uninformed. Campbell had a great four quarter game- way ahead of Lloyd. Just shows coaches don’t always get it right- Heaney also was better than him. Lloyd’s biggest problem is his erratic, helicopter kicking. I don’t understand why he can’t correct this. Putting him on the wing won’t solve this Ludwig as his kicks will give no chance to our forwards and will result in heaps of turnovers. If he doesn’t improve his disposals he deserves to be dropped!

That’s why Clarke can’t get a game. If we are to make top 4 and compete for a flag we must improve our kicking to position and not over our target’s head or at his feet. We put ourselves under needless pressure with poor disposals and Lloyd is one of the main culprits. Our forwards often are not given a fair chance due to this. What are our coaches doing about it, as it’s been like this for a long time- frustrating to watch week after week!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

That's why he must now go into the midfield. His kicking is elite and now we should be using this from the midfield and not half back or even further back. He has everything in his game. Speed, kicking, courage, anticipation, closing speed, reads the play and a good decision maker. Wasted at half back. We have others such as Fox who can play that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That's why he must now go into the midfield. His kicking is elite and now we should be using this from the midfield and not half back or even further back. He has everything in his game. Speed, kicking, courage, anticipation, closing speed, reads the play and a good decision maker. Wasted at half back. We have others such as Fox who can play that role.
    I wouldn’t say he is wasted at HB Nico, but I get your point about playing him in midfield. Perhaps that would then give us a chance to try Sheather or Gould for a few games, as well as Fox or COR. I thought he had a terrific game against Norf and was reminiscent of Dawso, except in marking prowess. He will be devastating in midfield with his superb kicking- bring it on!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Also, Fox would probably be a better (defensive) match-up for Rioli this weekend
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017