Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Match thread. Swans v North.

I don't think anyone is saying Lloyd will definitely not be valued the same at the Swans as maybe other teams may value Lloyd

But if I was NM I grab Lloyd in a heart beat to support their blooming mids.

We have completely changed our kicks ins and also dependency on one player like Lloyd to qtr back our exists and transitions

We have now a serious mix of kicks from the backline and that changes everything re who we want to keep at the club as our players become very wanted by other clubs

These guys are a serious kick

Campbell
    McInerny
    Lizard
    P Mac
    Cunningham
    Rampe
    Lloyd

On the topic of Lloyd, I was in the big Swans contingent behind the goals against the Bulldogs a couple of weeks ago. They were dominating the midfield and clearances, and our backline was under siege. I thought that he was one of our players that showed real composure under that unrelenting pressure in the first half in particular. He will be an asset to us going forward for sure. I don't want to see him playing elsewhere.

The crowd does not get pumped up and noisy by these type of contested scrambly games with so many stoppages usually only by fast overlapping and mercurial risk taking play.

Missing Paps for to help with this.

You just have to put up with these type of games sometimes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Stevo, my best has noticed that the body language of other Swans players towards Ladhams has not been overly encouraging.

Is that something you’ve picked up on?
    Yes, I have noticed a bit of that too.....so I am concerned as to how well he is 'fitting in' with the squad and settling into Sydney life.

Maybe there's nothing to worry about, he may be just feeling the pressure of proving himself to his new club through previously mentioned pre season adversity and lacking contentment with his progress at the moment......if that is indeed so, I hope he can turn it around. At his best, he is a handy player.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes, I have noticed a bit of that too.....so I am concerned as to how well he is 'fitting in' with the squad and settling into Sydney life.

Maybe there's nothing to worry about, he may be just feeling the pressure of proving himself to his new club through previously mentioned pre season adversity and lacking contentment with his progress at the moment......if that is indeed so, I hope he can turn it around. At his best, he is a handy player.
    I think we might be reading too much into the body language etc, Steve. He needs to be given time and opportunity but I agree that his start with us has been under-whelming.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I hope this is the right place to talk about a letter to the editor in the Sydney Morning Herald.
    I don't know if he appears on this website but his name is Tom Orren and his letter is a scathing rundown on the free kick tally for the Freo/Giants game: 42 to 16, and he says the Giants weren't playing dirty. He then picks up the Swans/Norf game: 14 to 21. His closing sentence is: 'If the AFL is to become truly national. it's time to eliminate anti-Sydney bias'.
    Now we wait for a response.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    He then picks up the Swans/Norf game: 14 to 21
    He should get his facts right if he wants to be taken seriously The Swans-North count was 26-34.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    He should get his facts right if he wants to be taken seriously The Swans-North count was 26-34.
    I very much doubt that the hierarchy of the AFL in Melbourne are going to seriously take any notice of a letter to a Sydney newspaper.

The next CEO should be from qld or nsw

Pretty simple

The bias and the ear chewing of Victorians is too much to handle !

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I think we might be reading too much into the body language etc, Steve. He needs to be given time and opportunity but I agree that his start with us has been under-whelming.
    I try not to but just can't help myself.

There might be something to it....and there may not be but I agree that we need to be patient. As I said, he's handy when he's playing well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I try not to but just can't help myself.

There might be something to it....and there may not be but I agree that we need to be patient. As I said, he's handy when he's playing well.
    I agree Stevo it’s very early days and mobile big men who can take a mark are very valuable and to paraphrase ( or bastardise ) a famous quote “ he isn’t going to get any shorter as the season progresses “

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The next CEO should be from qld or nsw

Pretty simple

The bias and the ear chewing of Victorians is too much to handle !
    are you suggesting V'Landys put his hand up? He was very complementary of Gil's achievements

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122