Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: the other games. Good Friday, mediocre Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The Giants are being smacked around at the MCG though Melbourne are sooooooooooo impressive. GWS used to blitz sides with run and kicking skills. They now play stodgy crap, which is doubly stupid given they lack a forward line.

Forrest Gump will likely be gone as coach at the end of the season. They should have won a flag or two when their list was at its peak but he couldn’t deliver.

I know there’s a lot of focus on Clarko to the Suns, but I wonder if the plastics beckon.
    Two things come to mind after this game:

Unless there are significant injuries, Melbourne are unbeatable this year.

Leon Cameron needs to f off right now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Two things come to mind after this game:

Unless there are significant injuries, Melbourne are unbeatable this year.

Leon Cameron needs to f off right now.
    GWS look very slow runners and move the ball slowly.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's still a lot of talent on the GWS list. They really need to move on from Leon- Melbourne are a tough ask, but a lot of the Giants struggles have looked like they started in the coaching box.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Allir is being very well occupied by Carlton, preventing him taking uncontested intercept marks. His game will likely improve after this run, but at the moment it’s bringing back a few unhappy memories.
    Whilst I’d never dismiss Carlton’s ability to throw it away, Port look shot…, early in the second quarter, at least.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Carlton 78-29 at half time. The knives might be coming out for Hinkley.

Back to a 17 point margin. If Carlton lose this after being 50 points in front, their supporters will need psychotherapy.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Carlton 78-29 at half time. The knives might be coming out for Hinkley.
    If 5AA is anything to go by for the past two weeks half of Adelaide have stuck knives in and the other half are queuing up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Back to a 17 point margin. If Carlton lose this after being 50 points in front, their supporters will need psychotherapy.

They need it regardless

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    If 5AA is anything to go by for the past two weeks half of Adelaide have stuck knives in and the other half are queuing up.
    Some of the knives may have been pulled out in the final quarter, then put back in at full time.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    They need it regardless
    LOL. Carlton 'up and about' is a disturbing phenomenon. Would love to beat them, Essendon & Hawthorn in the next month. That, and thrashing the Eagles at home, would mean the season gets a tick from me.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    LOL. Carlton 'up and about' is a disturbing phenomenon. Would love to beat them, Essendon & Hawthorn in the next month. That, and thrashing the Eagles at home, would mean the season gets a tick from me.
    Likewise.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Looks like Essendon are officially crap this season. Although, with the Magpies, Bulldogs and Hawks in the next three rounds, I suppose they have some sort of chance of getting their season back on an even keel?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Essendon slightly over achieved last year, and some of their better young players are out at the moment so understandable. The one who is really treading water is Andrew McGrath. 2016 wasn’t the best draft but he’s very vanilla for a pick 1.

Freo are building nicely. Some very good young mids and flankers, good at the coalface, though maybe not with the explosive talents of some of our blokes. They do lack a little in outstanding young KPP stocks bar Cox. I’d love to pinch him as our third tall defender to succeed Ramps.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast