Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: the other games. Good Friday, mediocre Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Looks like Essendon are officially crap this season. Although, with the Magpies, Bulldogs and Hawks in the next three rounds, I suppose they have some sort of chance of getting their season back on an even keel?
    Malthouse kiss of death. Lets hope he never tips us for the flag!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Malthouse kiss of death. Lets hope he never tips us for the flag!
    Ha! He never will.

Veterans List
    I'm at the hawks v Geelong game and we are going to have to watch the hawks small forward Moore next week. He has kicked 4 goals so far.

The hawks ruckman has dislocated his shoulder. I know that McEvoy is injured so not sure who their other ruckman is that can come in next week.

The hawks supporters love booing their ex players. Every time Isaac Smith touches it it's BOOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm at the hawks v Geelong game and we are going to have to watch the hawks small forward Moore next week. He has kicked 4 goals so far.

The hawks ruckman has dislocated his shoulder. I know that McEvoy is injured so not sure who their other ruckman is that can come in next week.

The hawks supporters love booing their ex players. Every time Isaac Smith touches it it's BOOOOOO.
    As soon as Reeves went down, I looked it up. They have Max Lynch, who did well when he played a couple of games for Collingwood in the past. So I assume that he's right to come in?

The booing of Smith is a bit extreme. I mean, three time premiership player for Hawthorn; who repaid him by making him an offer that was very easy to refuse.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I’m not a big fan of either side here, but ultimately we’re chasing a top 4 spot, and ain’t up against the Hawks in that, so ….
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

While I agree with the crackdown on umpire abuse, I don't like the interpretation that they now seem to be running with, that holding your arms out in a questioning pose, is now worth a fifty metre penalty. Surely that's mild emotional engagement, rather than abuse or even dissent. I mean, I think AFL level umpires should be able to cope with non-threatening mime?

Senior Player
    Draw today would be interesting
    Ahh bugger not happening now . I think we would have the ability to beat either team based on today’s showing but I guess we will see next week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I’m not a big fan of either side here, but ultimately we’re chasing a top 4 spot, and ain’t up against the Hawks in that, so ….
    Yeah, handy. It will be a challenge next week.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Just couldn't quite finish the sentence, could you? C'mon, repeat after me: go the H...er...go the. No, I can't do it either.

I'm happy Hawthorn won. I think we'll bring intent to the game next week knowing they're right on our heels. An emotional letdown would be our greatest enemy. We should beat these guys, but we need play with energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm happy Hawthorn won. I think we'll bring intent to the game next week knowing they're right on our heels. An emotional letdown would be our greatest enemy. We should beat these guys, but we need play with energy.
    I wasn’t expecting them to do what they did in this game. But as you said in a way it is good that we will be challenged and can gauge our performance against a side that is not too far behind.

They have excellent spine, they have good midfielders
    And they are well coached. Great challenge

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    I wasn’t expecting them to do what they did in this game. But as you said in a way it is good that we will be challenged and can gauge our performance against a side that is not too far behind.

They have excellent spine, they have good midfielders
    And they are well coached. Great challenge
    This will be a tough game and we will need to play four solid quarters. Didn’t they towel us up last year? Hopefully we’ll bring our top intensity and pressure them and deny them the loose man stuff they like so much. Our lads should be rested and raring to go!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast