Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Rd 5 vs West Coast @ Optus - Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Not saying they need to be in the best in the comp but its a good sign if you have a small or tall fwd getting votes . They are the kinds of barometers for a team . Dont think we 've had any yet , besides Bud in rd 2
    I doubt Kysiah Pickett, Ben Brown, Weideman or even Fritsch have polled many votes either. Good teams have lots of players playing their role.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I doubt Kysiah Pickett, Ben Brown, Weideman or even Fritsch have polled many votes either. Good teams have lots of players playing their role.
    True....but if say Ronke and Paps (on his return) were getting votes and Hickey or Ladhams (who just got 7 votes) were too....then we'd be dominating matches....so TB makes a good point.

Rucks performing well equals more forward entries where in form small forwards get goals, equals more goals.....very important in any game but especially in finals (assuming all other players are effectively playing their roles as well).

Veteran Site Admin
    The leading player in the AFLCA leaderboard known predominantly for his forward work plays for…. Sydney. (Equal footing with Higgins at St Kilda.) He’s our second highest player at the moment.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    True....but if say Ronke and Paps (on his return) were getting votes and Hickey or Ladhams (who just got 7 votes) were too....then we'd be dominating matches....so TB makes a good point.
    True, but we were without Papley, Buddy or Hickey, who were all in our top 10 vote getters from last year. Add them and I expect we would dominate more.
    Actually, i just noticed we were without 5 of last year's top 10 for that match - the others being Kennedy & Dawson. So an even more commendable performance.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    True, but we were without Papley, Buddy or Hickey, who were all in our top 10 vote getters from last year. Add them and I expect we would dominate more.
    Actually, i just noticed we were without 5 of last year's top 10 for that match - the others being Kennedy & Dawson. So an even more commendable performance.
    Which is basically what I said.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Which is basically what I said.
    Sorry - having a seniors moment
    Or - it was such a good point it was worth repeating...

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The leading player in the AFLCA leaderboard known predominantly for his forward work plays for…. Sydney. (Equal footing with Higgins at St Kilda.) He’s our second highest player at the moment.
    I wish I knew his name (pls) .

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526