Thread: Need Some Sydney Swans/ AFL Ticket Buying Information

On the Rookie List

Need Some Sydney Swans/ AFL Ticket Buying Information

Hello all! Sorry if I shouldn't post this here but my wife have now actually bought airfare for the (very) long trek from our little Sydney to your much larger Sydney and I would like some advice/ information on buying Sydney Swans/ AFL tickets!!

We will be seeing two games at the SCG (April 7 vs Collingwood and April 22 vs GWS). What is the best way to get tickets? where should we sit? Is there assigned seats? When should we arrive? Anything else we should know?

We also plan to be in Melbourne over the Easter weekend and plan to see a couple games at the MCG and one at Eithad. So any advice for that would be welcome as well.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Davey,

Tickets are available through ticketek, keep an eye on the Swans website to find out when they go on sale , I'm fairly certain the Melbourne games are ticketek too but someone will confirm/deny that.
    You can also buy tickets at the gate but I'd recommend on line to avoid missing out or ending up with dodgy seats (like amongst the pies or 'ants supporters ????)
    As to where to sit, well that's one of the great debates of the ages, personally I like the Bewongle concorse (it's where the cool kids like Doctor & I sit) but arguments have been made for the stands and other bays ?
    Most seats are assigned and unless you want to get there well before the game it's your best option.
    Aim to get to Moore Park around an hour before tge game starts, gives you time to get some food and take a look at whatever has been set up our front.
    Can't help with the Melbourne games I'm afraid but someone will have advice on those games.
    PM me and I'll give you my membership number, you'll get a 10% off tickets that way.

Merry xmas

Veterans List
    For MCG games it is Ticketek and for Etihad it is Ticketmaster. Not sure when they go on sale as I buy my tickets during the AFL Members onsale.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Hi Davey

I'm pleased to hear that you and your wife are going to make the trip to Oz and the footy that you have mentioned for a couple of years.

Re where to sit at the SCG, I too really like the Brewongle although I prefer to be up in the stand (rather than on the concourse) as I like some height to get a better view of the whole ground. My seat is close to the back of Bay 4 (see map at link below) which is probably top price but I think the bays behind that (8 & 9) are less expensive and would also be excellent (although I would want to be as close as possible to the front of those bays). The concourse might be cheaper again.

The advantage of this area of the Brewongle is that you are on the wing (so good view of both goal ends) (and for a day match are looking east so not into the sun although that won't be relevant to you as I think you are going to night matches at the SCG). Also, up in the stand itself you are under cover should it rain.

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.a...ocumentID=4280

I can't give you much advice on the Melbourne grounds other than to say I wouldn't want to be higher than Level 2 at the MCG if possible.

As others have said, ticket sales for the SCG and the MCG are through Ticketek, and for Etihad through Ticketmaster.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/
    403 Forbidden

According to the AFL site, information on buying tickets for the 2017 season will be made available in February 2017, so I suggest checking this link during February.

AFL Tickets - AFL.com.au

If you are still a member (I recall you took out an international membership a couple of years ago) then you also might like to send an email to the Swans member services asking for advice on ticket sales.

[email protected]

You might want to consider doing a guided tour of either the SCG or MCG while you are here. I've done the SCG tour a couple of times and found it fascinating. The emphasis is on the venue as a cricket ground (for example you would get to see the historic cricket players' changing rooms but not the Swans change rooms) but nevertheless you would see parts of the ground not otherwise open to the public.

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.a.../public-tours/
    MCG tour

Happy planning for 2017! And Go Swans!!

On the Rookie List
    Thank you all for the information - it will come very handy in planning!! I am very excited to see my first live AFL matches. Gotta love my wife for agreeing to go (literally) half way around the world with me on this adventure! We leave our Sydney on Tuesday, April 4 at 5:30 AM local time and after a 13 hour layover in Toronto, a flight and stop in Vancouver and the flight across the Pacific, we will arrive in your Sydney on THURSDAY morning.

Go Swans!!!

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd see if there was an existing thread and stumbled upon this little one from Davey. I hope you are still around in RWOville and enjoyed your trip.

I'm also planning my first Melbourne trip with a few mates to see the Carlton game in Round 10. Tickets don't seem to be on sale yet. Do any Victorian members have any advice on getting tickets? I assume my regular member barcodes are useless? Are there sections at Marvel to avoid/target?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd see if there was an existing thread and stumbled upon this little one from Davey. I hope you are still around in RWOville and enjoyed your trip.

I'm also planning my first Melbourne trip with a few mates to see the Carlton game in Round 10. Tickets don't seem to be on sale yet. Do any Victorian members have any advice on getting tickets? I assume my regular member barcodes are useless? Are there sections at Marvel to avoid/target?
    Tickets are going on sale very late this year - often just a couple of weeks in advance, especially for those games that weren't scheduled formally (or time and day of the weekend) before the season started.

Once upon a time, all members (irrespective of location) were able to buy tickets in the member pre sale. But that doesn't seem to apply any more - but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

So just buy when tickets go on general sale

In terms of where to sit, if you can get them and run to the $, level 2 imo by far the best at Marvel.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."