Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 6 pre-match thread - vs Hawthorn, Monday 25 April, University of Tasmania Oval

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Enjoy, northern Tassie MCS. I remember being down there in either 2012 or 2014. We knocked off the Hawks on the Saturday with Goodes BOG, and then had a lovely Sunday touring the vineyards on the Sunday. Great spot and great memories!
    Was 2012 Aprilbr - I think we were about 25 odd points down in the first half, before we ripped 'em a new one, with Goodesy at his imperious best and Kennedy pretty magnificent too. Was also the day Goodes broke Micky O's games record. Some nice highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxVsKDdOqhA

Always enjoy visiting Tassie - so many great places to see and visit, people are lovely, and lots and lost of Swannies faithful around the place too!

Same result both for the match and the year please compared to 2012!

And don't worry - Mrs MCS has the vineyards well and truly on the itinerary for the rest of the weekend
    Last edited by mcs; 17th April 2022 at 06:48 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I'm in the 'Kennedy in, Bell to medi-sub' camp.

I thought The Mongrel Punt made a good point:

"The Swans get the Hawks next week down in Tassie. Playing there is never easy and it is the type of ground where having an ageing midfield bull in the middle of the ground could be quite advantageous. Don’t be too surprised if Mr Kennedy plays and plays well down there."

As for other changes.....none.

I'm feeling pretty confident about this one......we travel very well and seem to play better away than at home these days. All that Covid hubbing has stood us in good stead for away games. Hawthorn can be dangerous on their day but on our day, we have them well covered.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 17th April 2022 at 06:48 PM.

Stephens has been very ordinary in VFL. As was Wicks today. Neither of them to come anywhere near the AFL team unless injuries or they have a break out VFL game. Very worried about Stephens - 2 ordinary games against non AFL affiliated sides, aimlessly kicks it and gives out too many hospital passes. I'd play Roberts, Sheldrick, Squizzy or Clarke before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Stephens has been very ordinary in VFL. As was Wicks today. Neither of them to come anywhere near the AFL team unless injuries or they have a break out VFL game. Very worried about Stephens - 2 ordinary games against non AFL affiliated sides, aimlessly kicks it and gives out too many hospital passes. I'd play Roberts, Sheldrick, Squizzy or Clarke before him.
    That’s unfortunate to hear on Stephens. I thought it was harsh to omit him when they did. I thought in the early part of the year that he was developing confidence, toughness and playing well. He had one bad game and out he went.

I really want him to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Has Papley ever played a game in the twos? I feel like he mightn't of
    Have.

Senior Player
    Out: Bell
    In: Someone who can kick, take an overhead mark, lay a tackle, and not fall over at every contest they attend

That's all you ever post ...totally one sided posts wanting Bell out ...you have no idea ..he does tackle and well and as for the criticisms of him ...I'd rather his endeavour than Wicks brain snaps .he couldn't find anyone for one of his kicks so he cleverly chipped in to space ..you are the most negative poster on here and it's usually just to say you want Bell out with no nuances or understanding of what he does during a game.. I'd love to see you express your opinion of Bell in the team huddle ..

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    That's all you ever post ...totally one sided posts wanting Bell out ...you have no idea ..he does tackle and well and as for the criticisms of him ...I'd rather his endeavour than Wicks brain snaps .he couldn't find anyone for one of his kicks so he cleverly chipped in to space ..you are the most negative poster on here and it's usually just to say you want Bell out with no nuances or understanding of what he does during a game.. I'd love to see you express your opinion of Bell in the team huddle ..
    If Papley is not fit, Bell stays in as a defensive forward to get on top of CJ. Their midfield is not going as well as the first 2 rounds. If we get the run in the middle, we would be able to smash them just like Eagles.

Warming the Bench
    Does anyone know what has happened to Angus Sheldrick? Has not played reserves for the last few weeks and is not mentioned on the injury reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Gus is battling a knee injury. Not sure where I read/heard it sorry and I could be wrong.

In regards to the team selection, I must admit that I never thought that Bell and Ronke would be anywhere near our best 22. Kudos to both. I do think that Ronke jumped Bell in the pecking order. I think Gus may have been given more opportunities if he wasn’t injured. The good news is that there is definitely healthy competition for the second small forward position once Paps is back.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I believe Gus is battling a knee injury. Not sure where I read/heard it sorry and I could be wrong.

In regards to the team selection, I must admit that I never thought that Bell and Ronke would be anywhere near our best 22. Kudos to both. I do think that Ronke jumped Bell in the pecking order. I think Gus may have been given more opportunities if he wasn’t injured. The good news is that there is definitely healthy competition for the second small forward position once Paps is back.
    Is it asking too much to a put the names of all the injured players on the AFL injury list, instead of having to guess? We know that both Fox and COR have been out several weeks with injuries and they are not even on the list, and they are 2 players who have had regular stints in the seniors,. It's not like nobody's ever heard of them. Sinclair and McAndrew were both missing from the VFL side, and they weren't on the injury list either. I know the injury list on the website can be updated with changes that happen during the week, because other clubs have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Is it asking too much to a put the names of all the injured players on the AFL injury list, instead of having to guess? We know that both Fox and COR have been out several weeks with injuries and they are not even on the list, and they are 2 players who have had regular stints in the seniors,. It's not like nobody's ever heard of them. Sinclair and McAndrew were both missing from the VFL side, and they weren't on the injury list either. I know the injury list on the website can be updated with changes that happen during the week, because other clubs have done it.
    It's immensely frustrating, and it's been that way for years.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast