Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 6 pre-match thread - vs Hawthorn, Monday 25 April, University of Tasmania Oval

Senior Player

Round 6 pre-match thread - vs Hawthorn, Monday 25 April, University of Tasmania Oval

Feels so far away after the happy victory last night.

Papley is first 22, but might not be ready or need to do a game in the 2s for fitness.

I would be happy with no changes, or to swap Bell to medical sub and put Kennedy back in.

Suspended by the MRP
    Sorry to say it but i dont think Bell is good enough . Was patient with him but lacking the brain to keep up in our game plan .

In Papley if fit , otherwise Stephens , Roberts
    Out Bell Rowbottom

Can 't believe i am saying this but Hayward and Mclean probably keep their spots

Assuming Papley is not ready.

No changes except Kennedy in for Bell who becames the medical sub.

Wicks in for Bell.
    Stephens replaces Joey as sub.

Unless Paps is back (in for Bell), I'd be inclined to just keep the side as is. Bell was good with his forward pressure and I'd be hopeful that the indecision he showed at times would be better having had a couple of games.

With regards to JPK, I feel he's been overtaken by our younger brigade. I think he plays in the event of injury, especially to Mills or Parker.

I can't see any major changes to the side unless someone is injured that we don't know about.

Some people are jumping on Bell. He did some handy things last game but his lack of poise is the factor that lets him down at present. If he could learn not to rush his disposals and take smarter options then he could develop into a decent player. I think he will hold his spot for this next game.

I don't think Kennedy will be made Sub two weeks in a row, so he will be either back in the starting team or in the Reserves. I would not be surprised to see him out and Stephens in as Sub.

Hawks down in Tassie are a definite danger game for us. Last season they knocked us off in Sydney in one of our worst losses for the season. We need to make sure we are right on for this one.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I can't see any major changes to the side unless someone is injured that we don't know about.

Some people are jumping on Bell. He did some handy things last game but his lack of poise is the factor that lets him down at present. If he could learn not to rush his disposals and take smarter options then he could develop into a decent player. I think he will hold his spot for this next game.

I don't think Kennedy will be made Sub two weeks in a row, so he will be either back in the starting team or in the Reserves. I would not be surprised to see him out and Stephens in as Sub.

Hawks down in Tassie are a definite danger game for us. Last season they knocked us off in Sydney in one of our worst losses for the season. We need to make sure we are right on for this one.
    Bell's disposal issues were mostly in side 50, where he was a bit selfish. That should improve. His tackling was *excellent*.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post

Papley is first 22, but might not be ready or need to do a game in the 2s for fitness.
    Has Papley ever played a game in the twos? I feel like he mightn't of
    Last edited by longmile; 17th April 2022 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Has Papley ever played a game in the twos? I feel like he mightn't of
    Only a couple in his first season, after coming back from a month off with a shin injury.

Regular in the Side
    I presume Roberts will be out with concussion, and Wicks and Stephens were quite average in the twos. So, no change for me please.

But I don't mind the idea of swapping medical sub between Bell & Kennedy. I love Bell's endeavour, but his decision making is glacially slow.

No changes for mine - although could see a logic for swapping Kennedy for Bell perhaps.

Really looking forward to this one - as will be a chance to tick another ground off. Got 5 days booked for some time checking out around Launceston too - done plenty of the south of Tassie, but less so of the North. First away game we will have got to for the year, and first once since I think the Lions in Rd 1 last year - so been a while for a good footy trip Hope the boys turn up and play well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    No changes for mine - although could see a logic for swapping Kennedy for Bell perhaps.

Really looking forward to this one - as will be a chance to tick another ground off. Got 5 days booked for some time checking out around Launceston too - done plenty of the south of Tassie, but less so of the North. First away game we will have got to for the year, and first once since I think the Lions in Rd 1 last year - so been a while for a good footy trip Hope the boys turn up and play well.
    Enjoy, northern Tassie MCS. I remember being down there in either 2012 or 2014. We knocked off the Hawks on the Saturday with Goodes BOG, and then had a lovely Sunday touring the vineyards on the Sunday. Great spot and great memories!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast