Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 6: the other games. ANZAC round.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Now the ABC commentators are debating whether the Dogs were robbed of a chance to win because the umpire bounced the last ball up instead of throwing it up!

I'm speechless and would expect better from these guys.
    As if the dogs could have kicked a goal in 7 seconds. They were lucky to be as close as they were.

I'm so over the Bulldogs. I really hated losing to them ☹.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    List bets matter a lot, and the Weagles are hurting for the Tim Kelly trade.

They wanted him at the end of ‘18, which was fair enough given he wanted to come home, they’d won a flag and wanted to load up to go again. They had to wait till end of 19 to get him and effectively gave up two first and two second round draft picks over two years to get him. It was a bit overs, but not completely unreasonable given they thought they were still in contention. Then come COVID, and their inability to cope with travel and disruption unlike some sides (ie us). They are coping it from COVID for a third year running.

The end result is they now have a stale old list and by exiting the draft, they have zero young talent bar Oscar Allen on their list. A dark few years ahead.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I'm going for Freo against the Blues. It's a cracking contested start. Frees 4-0 to the Blues with 5mins gone. It's unbelievable how many players the Blues have leeched from other clubs.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    It’s a fair way to go, but Freo are very impressive. I wonder about the quality of their KPP in big games, but they’re a side with a good midfield, are defensively sound, hard at the contest and they play with a lot of discipline and effort.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It’s a fair way to go, but Freo are very impressive. I wonder about the quality of their KPP in big games, but they’re a side with a good midfield, are defensively sound, hard at the contest and they play with a lot of discipline and effort.
    Yes, Carlton getting a bit of a reality check at the moment. They are no match for Freo's strength and and attack on the ball.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Perhaps it's time to ask Beveridge about it at his upcoming press conference?
    Exactly what I was thinking.....with a direct questions like "do you practice playing for frees?" and "is it part of your players skill set as Cody Weightman put it?"

We would probably see another Beveridge brain fart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think Weightman is well on his way to becoming the most despised player in the competition. While it's quite possible that he's a nice guy away from football, he does give the impression of being an insufferably smug git.
    Totally agree. I actually think he has surpassed Toby as 'the most punchable face' in the competition.

And they have plenty of pace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Totally agree. I actually think he has surpassed Toby as 'the most punchable face' in the competition.
    If I didn't know who he was and somebody told me he was Greene's younger brother, I'd probably believe them.

List bets matter a lot, and the Weagles are hurting for the Tim Kelly trade.

They wanted him at the end of ‘18, which was fair enough given he wanted to come home, they’d won a flag and wanted to load up to go again. They had to wait till end of 19 to get him and effectively gave up two first and two second round draft picks over two years to get him. It was a bit overs, but not completely unreasonable given they thought they were still in contention. Then come COVID, and their inability to cope with travel and disruption unlike some sides (ie us). They are coping it from COVID for a third year running.

The end result is they now have a stale old list and by exiting the draft, they have zero young talent bar Oscar Allen on their list. A dark few years ahead.
    Which should be a worry for us ! Though they don't have draft talent, if they have managed their finances well unlike Collingwood, they will steal good WA talent from other teams. We have tons of them.

Carlton was always going to run into trouble. They have too much emphasis on the inside game. If teams can withstand that, their outside game is poor. They also struggle with two way running. Old habits die hard.

Freo on the other hand are great at the back and good in the middle despite not having Nat Fyfe and Adam Cerra in there. Wish Caleb Serong was on our list.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Liam Baker would be great as a teammate. a totally selfless, hard as a cats head, relentless team first little rat.

It is amazing how poor Dylan shiel of essendon is at kicking. Every kick is a turnover.

The unbeatable Bombers are very close to season over. Not sure if they're good enough to overcome 1/5.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234