Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SYDNEY MEDIA

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I'd go as far as under 40's. I can't understand why anyone would buy a newspaper these days?
    To line a birdcage Ruperts Rags are an ideal size I understand. 🤔

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    On the topic of subscription TV etc., Foxtel cost $45 plus to subscribe. Kayo is a lot cheaper and essentially has all of the AFL coverage of Foxtel anyway. That is why so many have migrated from Foxtel to Kayo. For those of you in Sydney who feel you miss out, I suggest you download the free SEN app. You can listen to the Victorian feed there which is wall to wall AFL coverage. I live in Melbourne and subscribe to the Herald Sun and The Age digital versions. I don't think there would be anything stopping people up in Sydney subscribing to either of these should they wish.

A word of warning about the potential move to streaming services. People who follow soccer in Australia are now subject to paying various streaming services, especially if they want to watch English or European leagues. For example, the English Premier League is on Optus Sports, the English League Cup and FA Cup games on Foxtel and the Champions and Europa League games on Stan. To subscribe to all three involves quite a hefty layout! Is this what we want for the future with AFL? Let's be careful what we wish for.
    Isn’t Kayo a Foxtel offshoot anyway? By threatening to quit each offseason I have my standard Foxtel plus sports for $29pm currently which is only a few dollars more than Kayo anyway.

The streaming segmentation can potentially be an issue for some sports with various competitions such as you described with soccer but I don’t think AFL would have those issues unless they split the AFL and the AFLW which I cannot see happening.
    It appears that the pitch is saying that AFL games would be split between Paramount and 10

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Isn’t Kayo a Foxtel offshoot anyway? By threatening to quit each offseason I have my standard Foxtel plus sports for $29pm currently which is only a few dollars more than Kayo anyway.

The streaming segmentation can potentially be an issue for some sports with various competitions such as you described with soccer but I don’t think AFL would have those issues unless they split the AFL and the AFLW which I cannot see happening.
    It appears that the pitch is saying that AFL games would be split between Paramount and 10
    I commend your persistence and ongoing negotiating to get your Foxtel subscription down to $29, Faunac8! There is a message in that for all of us!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I commend your persistence and ongoing negotiating to get your Foxtel subscription down to $29, Faunac8! There is a message in that for all of us!
    It took 3 seasons it used to cost me about $60 pm then they went to 49 then 39 and now 29 which is basically what the sports package costs . This year I said I would just go to Kayo but they countered with some points on why they were a better option and the 29 offer. I was surprised considering they are essentially all part of the same company
    I don’t think I can screw any more out of them.
    Last edited by Faunac8; 28th April 2022 at 10:48 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I'd go as far as under 40's. I can't understand why anyone would buy a newspaper these days?

I've not bought a newspaper for longer than I can remember, though on the rare occasions I decide I should polish some shoes, I am at a loss.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    It took 3 seasons it used to cost me about $60 pm then they went to 49 then 39 and now 29 which is basically what the sports package costs . This year I said I would just go to Kayo but they countered with some points on why they were a better option and the 29 offer. I was surprised considering they are essentially all part of the same company
    I don’t think I can screw any more out of them.
    I call foxtel every six months and ask for the same or better deal than they are offering people who join on that day,
    It's always heaps better than what I'm paying.
    They bleat about it only being available to new customers to which i say I'll just cancel and start again.
    At that they ALWAYS find an offer to keep me, and its always only for six months.
    Hence the half yearly calls.
    They appear desperate to not have you cancel.
    There's always something they will do to prevent that.

Happy and I know it
    We tried sports on Kayo when it first became available but it was only in standard definition which we did not like.

Does afl now stream in high definition on Kayo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    We tried sports on Kayo when it first became available but it was only in standard definition which we did not like.

Does afl now stream in high definition on Kayo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's foxtels Vs kayos point of difference. Foxtel is a premium service with 4k resolution.
    Kayo is lesser quality via the internet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234