Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 prematch thread - vs Brisbane at the SCG, Sunday 4.40 PM

There would have been an early announcement with social media posts showing the phone call to the farm if it was going to happen this week. We played heaps of games last year with only two key defenders so I’m not too worried. I actually think Ramps plays best as a key defender.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Stop talking in cryptic puzzles. You imply that you are in the know. Spit it out or leave it be.
    I still don't know why anyone responds to him. All he does is bait and people bite.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    There would have been an early announcement with social media posts showing the phone call to the farm if it was going to happen this week. We played heaps of games last year with only two key defenders so I’m not too worried. I actually think Ramps plays best as a key defender.
    I think you're correct in that. I think he's always had greter difficulties with smaller opponents.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

We went in “undersized” last year and that turned out OK! Are they therefore expecting Blakey to defend a tall?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Just a clarification on Paddy's concussion test. What the doctors do is test a player's cognitive function after a knock by asking them a pre-determined set of questions that they should know the answers to. If they get these answers correct, and they are not feeling dizzy, unwell etc then they are said to have passed the test. From what I read, Paddy was feeling fine but got one or more of the questions wrong. He claims it was due to nervousness in answering them. The doctors took a more cautious view and "failed" him. I think they did the correct thing in the circumstances.
    On Channel 7 news they reported that Paddy only failed one question. He had to memorise a list of numbers as well as saying them in reverse. I would probably fail that test too even without concussion!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We went in “undersized” last year and that turned out OK! Are they therefore expecting Blakey to defend a tall?
    I sincerely hope not. Any side with half a brain seeing him line up on a key forward would drag him to the square, more to kill his capacity to run and rebound and slice up the opposition by foot.

Dawson effectively played third tall last year in the same game, but he was a bigger body, better one on one mark and while both Dawson and Blakey cut the lines with kicking, he didn’t run like Blakey. (Plus, he’s a turd of a bloke).

Which leads us back to Reid heading down back.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    There is a confusing message on the Swans match day hub that I feel needs to be clarified:

VFL match starts at 1.05
    VFL Gates open at 12.45

AFL match starts at 4.40 pm
    Main Gates open at 2.40 pm

After spending some time listening to music designed to make people hang up on the SCG trust phone line, I discovered that in fact there is no difference between the messages and that all gates will be open from 12.45pm
    Thanks for taking the musical hit for us graemed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Dawson effectively played third tall last year in the same game, but he was a bigger body, better one on one mark and while both Dawson and Blakey cut the lines with kicking, he didn’t run like Blakey. (Plus, he’s a turd of a bloke).

Which leads us back to Reid heading down back.
    I'm sure you're just taking the urine, but watching him receive the Showdown medal reminded me he's actually quite a nice young fella.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post

I'm sure you're just taking the urine, but watching him receive the Showdown medal reminded me he's actually quite a nice young fella.
    So a post match interview with a young fella happy after a win and an award and in front of all his 'team mates' reveals the true person?

No.....he revealed his true self at the end of last season when his team mates weren't looking and it didn't look good.....and still doesn't.

Veterans List
    Oops, wrong thread.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    So a post match interview with a young fella happy after a win and an award and in front of all his 'team mates' reveals the true person?

No.....he revealed his true self at the end of last season when his team mates weren't looking and it didn't look good.....and still doesn't.
    make no mistake about it , some of the boys were not happy and have not forgotten .

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I still don't know why anyone responds to him. All he does is bait and people bite.
    what am i in trouble for now !

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    what am i in trouble for now !
    'Cryptic baiting' it appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    make no mistake about it , some of the boys were not happy and have not forgotten .
    It will indeed be very interesting when we play the Crows.