Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: the other games. Time to get out the black texta?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Incorrect, 186 points = 31 goals :-)
    It was a real shellacking then!

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    One of my fondest memories as a Swans supporter:

The Swans on July 19, 1987, scored 30.21 (201) in defeating the West Coast Eagles by 130 points at the SCG.

Both sides were making a claim for a spot in the finals at the time.
    I assume that was part of that great run when we walloped several clubs including Essendon, one after another. I think Richmond was in there too.

Veterans List
    Scores level at half time but Freo's inaccurate kicking denies them what should be a healthy lead.....currently 4.7 to 5.1. Cats only scored a behind in that second quarter and that was in the first minute. Dockers should probably be leading by 2 to 3 goals.

Veterans List
    Crows bubble has burst as the Giants put them to the sword. 59 pts down at half time.....eeek!

Veterans List
    Cats just got their first goal in nearly 2 quarters......still 12 pts down. Freo not making the most of their dominance.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I assume that was part of that great run when we walloped several clubs including Essendon, one after another. I think Richmond was in there too.
    That's correct. 3 200+ scorelines across three weeks, (or was it 3 30+ goal scorelines?). Essendon and Richmond were the teams and all three I think were played on the SCG. Sadly everything went horribly wrong after that run of brilliance.

Didn't see that much improvement coming from the Giants. Or is Adelaide believing the hype?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    Giants by 73 now, late in third quarter.

Good tough win by Fremantle. Geelong starting to look a bit precarious.

Geelong's time as up. They have been. Regular top 4 team, but now will be fringe bottom of the 8 / outside the 8, non contender.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Adelaide weren't great, but why the hell didn't the Giants coaching staff say "move it quickly" in some of their other games this season?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Melbourne opening up a gap over the Hawks in the third they have a really mature big bodied team and physically seem just a bit bigger and harder than whoever fronts up to play them each week.
    Its a team that have grown and developed together and it shows in the confident way they play and the trust they have in their teammates.
    Really looking forward to seeing how we match up at the G on a Saturday night in a month or so and have already booked my flights and accommodation now to get some tickets.
    A month is a long time in footy but a win or even to run them close would be a great way to start the second half of the season.

Senior Player
    Hawthorn coming back and having a real crack not playing the fourth quarter this week like they did last week

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast