Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: the other games. Time to get out the black texta?

Senior Player
    Really getting tired of hearing about how great Melbourne are. Who cares? Weren't they the tanking team a few years back?
    And really over hearing about how Max Gawn is the greatest human that has ever lived. Soon we'll be hearing about how
    he grinds free trade coffee with the laneway graffitti artists on his days off. Tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Melbourne opening up a gap over the Hawks in the third they have a really mature big bodied team and physically seem just a bit bigger and harder than whoever fronts up to play them each week.
    Its a team that have grown and developed together and it shows in the confident way they play and the trust they have in their teammates.
    Really looking forward to seeing how we match up at the G on a Saturday night in a month or so and have already booked my flights and accommodation now to get some tickets.
    A month is a long time in footy but a win or even to run them close would be a great way to start the second half of the season.
    Melbourne had 5 players and the head coach out. Enough said.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

The other games are both hard to watch. The Cairns game, who is playing again? Ah yes, forgettable.

The other game Carlton and North seems more entertaining. Although the skills are dreadful. They were in the first anyway. I went to dinner then.

The Dees v Hawks was a very good standard game. Great pressure by both sides. But it was obvious several Dees players were missing. It was also obvious Brown​and Lever had just come back from injury. Lever was ordinary. If Petty was fit he would have played. Young Bedford was really good. One pick up was sensational.

Saints are 3.13 and only 1 point ahead. @@@@. It was horrible to watch up until half time. Seems nothing has changed.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Really getting tired of hearing about how great Melbourne are. Who cares? Weren't they the tanking team a few years back?
    And really over hearing about how Max Gawn is the greatest human that has ever lived. Soon we'll be hearing about how
    he grinds free trade coffee with the laneway graffitti artists on his days off. Tedious.
    They were indeed guilty of pulling the reins for a few years and the drafts between 2013 and 2015 in particular set them up to be where they are now.
    Petracca Brayshaw Oliver Salem and Weideman were all first round picks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Melbourne had 5 players and the head coach out. Enough said.

I am pretty sure the ins were probably an improvement on those going out Lever , McDonald and Viney would probably be best 22 at most clubs . Kossie Pickett was probably the only out that may have impacted. Also no first game coach has lost this year.
    So, and this is a genuine question, given that would you say that it was a good win or lucky win for them as it’s hard to interpret your viewpoint from enough said ?
    Last edited by Faunac8; 30th April 2022 at 10:37 PM.

Port have won by a point! Second win for the year and more importantly, the Saints have lost.

How could you kick 4 goals and 18 points ….

Senior Player
    Found myself hoping for a draw in Saints-Port. It's the result that says "no winners, you were equally dreadful".

43 - 42. What an anticlimactic score line.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Found myself hoping for a draw in Saints-Port. It's the result that says "no winners, you were equally dreadful".
    It was so dire to watch, that I switched the TV off and then listened to it on radio. Not having to witness all the fumbling, made it seem a better game. Hopefully, the AFL will learn that it's probably better to play Cairns games in June or July, when it's less warm, humid and slippery than late April.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    We lost 25 in a row in that period around 1993. The worst team since then was Fitzroy who in their last season of 1996 only won a single game for the season. I don't think the WCE are anywhere near as bad as either of those two sides.

It was sad to watch the death throws of a failing club with a long and proud history. I live next to Fitzroy and some of the pubs there eg Napier still have loads of Fitzroy memorabilia on the walls - they treat the move to Brisbane as the death of their Club. This contrasts with us South supporters who largely embrace the Sydney move.
    The difference: South Melbourne relocated to Sydney, whereas Fitzroy merged with the Bears. The Fitzroy identity was shattered, some of it went to Brisbane, and there's also an amateur club competing in the VAFA that is called Fitzroy and plays home games at the Brunswick St oval.

Had Fitzroy relocated to Brisbane in 1987 instead of a new club being formed, more of the old Fitzroy supporters would have embraced the relocated club.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast