Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 7 vs Brisbane @ SCG - Match Thread

Lions just too clean and too good in that quarter. They've done exceptionally well to break up our ability to run and move the ball, and we simply haven't got our hands on it enough.

Doubt we can get anywhere near a win from here, but hope for a much improved 2nd half - a very good test to see how we can grind our way back into it against a pretty seasoned and tough side.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Sorry to say-it’s men against boys at this stage, I’m afraid. Just not good enough so far. Not playing as a team, fellas.
    This could end up being a embarrassing loss. We are not a top 4 side.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    He popped up in a play near the end of the quarter, too late with a shot at goal and got tackled, lost the ball and free kick to Brisbane.
    Ignored what looked like on telly at least 1, if not 2 guys centrally with a fair bit of space too. Like many out there, just can't get into it so far.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    90 @@@@ing kicks at half time - thats a joke. If we don't improve in the 2nd half we will get done by 10-12 goals.

Also, why the @@@@ is Florent playing in the backline? Makes no sense to me.
    Dont mind it , one of the only clean ones , that kick across the face from d50 was excellent . I was nervous , happened right in front of me but he pulled it off

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    He popped up in a play near the end of the quarter, too late with a shot at goal and got tackled, lost the ball and free kick to Brisbane.
    Yes thats the only time I saw him. I understand he has missed a lot of footy though.

Veterans List
    We are our own worst enemies. Really poor kicking and disposal selection. That kick by JMac was a perfect example.

Those set shot misses in the first quarter are telling.

Again our forwards are playing from behind.

We need to be much harder at the ground ball contests.

Centre bounce clearances 4 to 5. All I see is Brisbane waltzing out of the centre. But again we have our slow mids in there.

Veterans List
    ABC commentators basic analysis was;

'Swans are letting the Lions waltz it out of the middle down to the most efficient forward line in the league'.....lift mid's!

'Swans, when they do have it, are over handballing and inviting pressure.....which is being delivered by the Lions'....be more direct with kicks!

Hopefully we can address these areas and make a game of it.

Nothing went right , I can’t figure what Reid is doing , was hoping he’d be clunking marks in the forward 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I will name our good players:

Mills
    Mills and Heeney.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We are our own worst enemies. Really poor kicking and disposal selection. That kick by JMac was a perfect example.

Those set shot misses in the first quarter are telling.

Again our forwards are playing from behind.

We need to be much harder at the ground ball contests.
    McInerney tried a desperate pass to the extreme forward pocket - was that the one? About 20% chance of a goal resulting from it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    I agree we are not top four. We barely beat North Melbourne, and we failed to really put WC away - Richmond beat them by over 100, which is what we should have done.

Of course I want to be proven wrong and will gladly eat my words if the Swannies manage to pull it off.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Let’s wait until the start of the finals maybe before we call the season.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast