Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 7 vs Brisbane @ SCG - Match Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    McInerney tried a desperate pass to the extreme forward pocket - was that the one? About 20% chance of a goal resulting from it.
    No, half back flank late in the quarter. Out on the full.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We are trying to contain a better team. Their movement of the ball is almost faultless, from one to another and so on down the field. We are not in position to collect a straight low kick as a rule, and there is too much high kicks that end up with the opposition.
    I suspect that the best thing we can get here is a lesson on how to play football.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Clearly missing Paddy McCartin.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Let’s wait until the start of the finals maybe before we call the season.
    Said poster has already said today that our entire VFL list is rubbish and we should start again. So lets just do the same with the AFL list as well while we are at it
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Yes thats the only time I saw him. I understand he has missed a lot of footy though.
    Papley 64% TOG, lowest on our side. Ball has been mostly in our D50 as well too though.

Need to go much harder in second half and lower the eyes rather than bomb it. Heeney up front please! Mills is our best by far- needs help from our other 21 lads!

Veterans List
    Inside 50's for the second quarter were 20 to 9 Lions way. Deplorable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Lions giving us zero space and they have been very strong all game. No lapse of concentration from them. They are here to play a tough four quarter game.
    +1 We're a bit off the pace and are getting schooled.

This is, all on their terms. They live hard and tough. We don't. They will scrape. We won't. When the going gets tough some of our players suddenly go missing. Our mids have been slaughtered.Kennedy has been to almost every bounce. So don't tell me he has been any better than the others. Hevgot 3 clearances that quarter 2 junk kicks & 1 junk HB. He is not the only one. The only mid we can really depend on is Mills. The rest are being shown up as 2nd class. Warner has tried hard but the ball is going down the throats of the Lions mids. Not just because Forte and McInerney were winning hit outs but even when they didn't our mids did not take advantage. 8s They played a total inside game getting 2nd ball ups. But when their mids got ball thry dished off to open players. Their half backs are killing us. Papley is not match fit. He can't even keep up. He should have played reserves. His player is having a feast with absolutely no pressure from Papley who is sometimes 60 metres back in the forward pocket.

It is a case of a top 4 team against pretenders. We just keep on bombing it up. As usual to stem the flow we put one back, Heeney. Instead of identifying where we are being murdered, in the mids. How to combat Neale & McHandbag. We need to change the offensive set up jn the mids. When you are being killed at one style why continue to do it. Go onto the defensive in the midfield. Break even jn there and use our outside mids and running HB to run the ball. We need to bring intense pressure in the second half or get blown away. Longmire being out coached so far.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Papley 64% TOG, lowest on our side. Ball has been mostly in our D50 as well too though.
    I wasnt trying to be critical I just had not seen him for a bit - was worried he had re-injured himself.

Cant really expect him to have a big impact for 2 more weeks I think

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Even when on field Papley is not fit enough to chase his man. At one stage his direct opponent was in their forward line setting up a play and Papley was in our forward pocket.

I wasnt trying to be critical I just had not seen him for a bit - was worried he had re-injured himself.

Cant really expect him to have a big impact for 2 more weeks I think
    If he is not going to have an impact he should not be out there. Stupid playing him. His opponent is killing him

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast