Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Rd 7 vs Brisbane @ SCG - Match Thread

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    There's definitely some "recency bias" going around at the moment. McLean for example, pretty solid versus Hawthorn, just doing the basics well as he often does. Then he has one bad game the next week and is straight to the "outs" wish list.

Same with the defenders, pretty solid all year, then one game under siege versus the number 2 side in the competition and they're all under question.

I think Tom has been pretty good all season on the whole, as others pointed out often playing a different role to Paddy, on the key forward.
    Count me out of that , i have said all along he is hit and miss . Sometimes he looks elite , other times very average .He was right in front of me on Sunday and i saw first hand how lost he can get and its happened before. Im leaning towards thinking he will be elite but no idea why hes spoken about as some kind of sure thing . Even Melican had some A grade games but look at him now , same as Mclean , Ronke . He shouldnt be given a free pass when he doesn 't perform .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Count me out of that , i have said all along he is hit and miss . Sometimes he looks elite , other times very average .He was right in front of me on Sunday and i saw first hand how lost he can get and its happened before. Im leaning towards thinking he will be elite but no idea why hes spoken about as some kind of sure thing . Even Melican had some A grade games but look at him now , same as Mclean , Ronke . He shouldnt be given a free pass when he doesn 't perform .
    A 23yo rookie drafted key position player who's played lass than 30 games and he's inconsistent? Who'd have thought?

TB, I’m sure you will agree that young, inexperienced players need to be given a decent run of games to assess. Tom has shown enough for us to know he can make it. That doesn’t mean that he won’t have some ordinary games until he learns the position more fully. Melican is a depth player but good value to have. McLean has talent but still very raw and can be more than useful, if never a star. Ronke can be good- let’s assess after a few more games. Horse has given JB quite a few games and he will do so with other young players. Your assessments may prove to be correct but you do tend to pronounce judgement early, and that really doesn’t serve any useful purpose unless you have an input in team selection!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    TB, I’m sure you will agree that young, inexperienced players need to be given a decent run of games to assess. Tom has shown enough for us to know he can make it. That doesn’t mean that he won’t have some ordinary games until he learns the position more fully. Melican is a depth player but good value to have. McLean has talent but still very raw and can be more than useful, if never a star. Ronke can be good- let’s assess after a few more games. Horse has given JB quite a few games and he will do so with other young players. Your assessments may prove to be correct but you do tend to pronounce judgement early, and that really doesn’t serve any useful purpose unless you have an input in team selection!
    I never mentioned Bell .

And i didnt say Mccartin wouldnt make it , i said he has shown plenty of good and bad . You take that at this point but it doesnt make me any more confident in his career one way or the other .

I never mentioned Bell .

And i didnt say Mccartin wouldnt make it , i said he has shown plenty of good and bad . You take that at this point but it doesnt make me any more confident in his career one way or the other .
    I used Bell as an example to show that Horse gives young players a decent go.

Fact is that at this point in time, Tom Mc is the best we’ve got for the position, and he will only get better with more experience. Who else do you suggest for his spot? Exactly!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617