Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 pre-match thread - v Suns 1:45 PM Saturday @ SCG

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Ins - Hickey, Logan, Paddy, Gould, Stephens

Outs - McLean, Reid, Rampe, Cunningham, Stephens

- Need to work with that two man rucking set up as it’s going to be needed against Melbourne.

- Logan is the 3rd tall in the forward line and has more mobility than Reid and McLean.

- Florent to play as a small defender. Has a great kick to go with Campbell and Blakey.

- Rampe is horribly out of form and needs a week to be managed to see that works. Gould’s day has arrived and will play as 3rd back tall.

- Kennedy to medical sub with some run from Stephens to replace the midfield run of Florent.
    The idea of omitting Rampe is difficult to get behind. I know he's not in great form but his presence alone would improve the other defensive players around him. He provides structure, confidence and most of all experience. He'll come good.

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    The idea of omitting Rampe is difficult to get behind. I know he's not in great form but his presence alone would improve the other defensive players around him. He provides structure, confidence and most of all experience. He'll come good.
    He provides all those things except that his man is beating him at the current time. McStay had his measure all game.

Managing an older player (32 years old) can be a good idea. Send him on a surfing weekend and he may come back refreshed.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    He provides all those things except that his man is beating him at the current time. McStay had his measure all game.

Managing an older player (32 years old) can be a good idea. Send him on a surfing weekend and he may come back refreshed.
    It's not a completely crazy idea, just one I struggle to even contemplate for now. With Harry being injured and Jake not at his best, I don't think it's the right time.

You can’t drop the Great Dane. That’s heresy!

Veterans List
    Hope they have a couple of hours in front of the big screen watching last years Gold Coast game. It cost us a final four spot.

It was such a dreadful showing last season, just can't afford to have history repeat or we'll fall back into the pack.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agreed but I'd rather McLean goes out than Reid. McLean offers little and is pretty much a liability if he isnt kicking straight

I'd like to see Amartey have an extended crack at it but I understand he has a knee issue
    Reid is a better straight kick? He has been a woeful set shot his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Reid is a better straight kick? He has been a woeful set shot his whole career.
    Didn't say that. I was saying that McLean has only been saved from spud-dom from his elite set shot kicking.

Reid is more mobile, can actually pick up a ball below his knees and can play in defence. He is just more versatile.

However if it was up to me, I'd rather McDonald or Amartey over either of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Didn't say that. I was saying that McLean has only been saved from spud-dom from his elite set shot kicking.

Reid is more mobile, can actually pick up a ball below his knees and can play in defence. He is just more versatile.

However if it was up to me, I'd rather McDonald or Amartey over either of those two.
    I see some promise in McLean but I think it will be hard to keep him inside the team if we play both Hickey and Ladhams in coming weeks (which is a big chance). A forward line with Ladhams, McLean and Buddy is too top heavy for the modern game.

Senior Player
    Re Paddy and Logan, is the twelve days up for the GC game. If the day of the incident is day 1 , they shd be ok.

Looking forward to seeing how Ladhams and Hickey fit in the same team. McLean misses if Hickey returns.

Apparently Hickey is a "strong chance" to return as well as Logan and Paddy: Swans set to welcome back important trio for Suns clash (afl.com.au).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

If Kennedy drops back to medisub, we could see any of several players come into the side: COR, Gould, Stephens, Roberts and Clarke seem the more obvious ones in contention. I hope we don't pick Bell again.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast