Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 pre-match thread - v Suns 1:45 PM Saturday @ SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Kennedy drops back to medisub, we could see any of several players come into the side: COR, Gould, Stephens, Roberts and Clarke seem the more obvious ones in contention. I hope we don't pick Bell again.
    I like the idea of Kennedy being the medisub, hopefully NOT selecting Bell (though he tries his best, but not up to standard required), and like to see Gould given a run so that we can get an indication of his ability/potential.

Suspended by the MRP
    3 to come back , im not insulting him but surely RBs time is up now . Mclean too slow to play with Ladhams and Hickey . Harry out

Harry C "in some doubt" - has an abdominal strain. Will see how he goes at training on Thursday.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    . I hope we don't pick Bell again.
    Amazed he gets the call up so frequently. Much better options in the ressies

Based on that article, you would think Logan comes in for Reid, Hickey for McLean and Paddy for Cunningham.

Pretty good changes, Lloyd, Florent or Rowbottom are going to have to play a lock down defender type of role to cover Cunningham.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Amazed he gets the call up so frequently. Much better options in the ressies
    I have given up with him . I was patient but doesn 't show enough

I’m interested to know which position Will Gould is an understudy for. Could he replace Cunningham?

Will Gould is meant to be able to play on talls and smalls. So, theoretically, yes, he could replace Cunningham. Would I trust Gould to do the job on someone like Charlie Cameron (or Izak Rankine or Ben Ainsworth) as much as Harry C? No. I think he'd be ok playing against the Suns 3rd tall forward, Corbett, but with Paddy's return to the team he would be given a smaller player to match up on, maybe Holman. I think he could do that too but I'd probably trust COR more than Gould against a smaller opponent.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Could Gould take a tall and Rampe play small?

Would be great if we can get Hickey back alongside Ladhams

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Could Gould take a tall and Rampe play small?

Would be great if we can get Hickey back alongside Ladhams
    Sounds good. We have to try Gould sometime and last match against Brisbane wasn’t it. Without being disrespectful to the Suns, this week is as good as any.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    FYI

The 3 highest midfielder centre bounce attendees against Brisbane were Parker, Mills & Kennedy. Which is also probably our 3 slowest midfielders - an odd choice for the swift Lions.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    FYI

The 3 highest midfielder centre bounce attendees against Brisbane were Parker, Mills & Kennedy. Which is also probably our 3 slowest midfielders - an odd choice for the swift Lions.
    Who else was gonna be ? Chad maybe , but Jmac , Paps, Heeney , Gulden , Florent these types arent permanent mids , cant go 4 quarters at centre bounces . Should 've used Chad more but he is young

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast