Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 8: the other games. The texta is still ready.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Weightman basically punched himself in the face by trying to bump Port’s ruckman and has injured his arm or shoulder, sitting in a sling on the bench. So sad to see …
    I think he confused himself, because it was a situation where he couldn't work out how to stage for a free.

Seeing the dogs lose again.....oh what a feeling...

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    You have to feel for the Poodles! They only won the free kick count by 1. Tough to win when the boys in yellow have got it in for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Seeing the dogs lose again.....oh what a feeling...

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    It's a wonderful start to the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    You have to feel for the Poodles! They only won the free kick count by 1. Tough to win when the boys in yellow have got it in for you!
    Although, they did try really hard...to win the free kick count.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think he confused himself, because it was a situation where he couldn't work out how to stage for a free.
    Weightman's career is pretty much over now. Once you lose the ability to stage for free kicks you are thrown out of the kennel
    pretty quickly. It doesn't matter how good you are at kicking and marking and handpassing. There's only one KPI that matters
    in the doggie pound.

Senior Player
    Fremantle are missing seven of their best 23. They are the real deal.

Amiss has had a great debut with a couple of goals, but against lower opposition.

Veterans List
    Great to see the Hawks lose.....but it means we face a resurgent Bombers next week at our hoo-doo ground, the SCG.

Things are suddenly not falling our way.....some stern tests of our teams character in the coming weeks to stop our top four chances from sliding away.

Cameron quitting as Giants coach. Mark McVeigh likely to take over. Could make them more of a dangerous proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Cameron quitting as Giants coach. Mark McVeigh likely to take over. Could make them more of a dangerous proposition.
    The only risk to us is they are in the market for a coach. I cant see us losing Longmire, but our assistants might be targets simply because they are already living in Sydney. Don Pyke worries me the most.

Senior Player
    Unfortunate for Cameron, but it had to happen. Coaching/running the expansion clubs is extremely challenging. Sure they
    get all those picks but there is so much more to operating a successful football club.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    What an abject failure Forrest Gump has been, failing to deliver a flag with that list. But there is something deeper at that club.

He relied on a stodgy game plan, when he had a team born to fly and run and dare.

They had a chronic inability to manage injuries, particularly in recent years.

And their player development is clearly woeful. They kept inheriting the best talent in the nation, and those players regressed as their careers continued. Think Josh Kelly - once seen as one of the best talents in the game, who's now become a run-of-the-mill player - and signed on a king's ransom that will ruin their list managament for years to come. It's hard to point to a single player that got better after the age of 24.

Long may the plastics' misery continue.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast