Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 8: the other games. The texta is still ready.

Will be interesting what happens next for the Giants. I rated Cameron as a coach. Hope he has a rest, and stay's in game! AFL commissioner could be a good position - he is aware of the non Victorian struggles.

This allow them to recruit the strongest available coach. Suggest he has placed the team in front of his personal contract position..

Carlton will need to be on their A-game this weekend.

Mark McVeigh could be ready to take the reigns.

Is James Hird still assisting them?

Hmm Clarko may be an option? And Horse can have a mate to have coffee with more frequently..

Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    What an abject failure Forrest Gump has been, failing to deliver a flag with that list. But there is something deeper at that club.

He relied on a stodgy game plan, when he had a team born to fly and run and dare.

They had a chronic inability to manage injuries, particularly in recent years.

And their player development is clearly woeful. They kept inheriting the best talent in the nation, and those players regressed as their careers continued. Think Josh Kelly - once seen as one of the best talents in the game, who's now become a run-of-the-mill player - and signed on a king's ransom that will ruin their list managament for years to come. It's hard to point to a single player that got better after the age of 24.

Long may the plastics' misery continue.
    Yes, he was given a box of chocolates and ate the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Will be interesting what happens next for the Giants. I rated Cameron as a coach. Hope he has a rest, and stay's in game! AFL commissioner could be a good position - he is aware of the non Victorian struggles.

This allow them to recruit the strongest available coach. Suggest he has placed the team in front of his personal contract position..

Carlton will need to be on their A-game this weekend.

Mark McVeigh could be ready to take the reigns.

Is James Hird still assisting them?

Hmm Clarko may be an option? And Horse can have a mate to have coffee with more frequently..

Watch this space
    Hmm, Clarkson at GWS. That would really elevate the local derbies to bitter grudge matches.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmm, Clarkson at GWS. That would really elevate the local derbies to bitter grudge matches.
    If I didn't already dislike GWS enough!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    If I didn't already dislike GWS enough!
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, he was given a box of chocolates and ate the packaging.
    The list has always been overrated. Because most of the giants poached by other clubs have had pretty average careers since. Patton delisted. Shiel dropped.

I think it would be great if Clarko went out west.

I think it would be very suprising if its not Hird. Forget what GWS are saying. They bring in Hird, and within 6 months they sack Cameron. Actions speak louder than words.

Still, there’s no doubting they did have a very talented list, with a heap of top draft picks. Once their young players matured they were far superior to us. They then regressed, for several reasons and coaching has to be one of them. Whoever comes in now will have quite a job to do.

That said, as much as we dislike them, Sydney needs 2 good teams being in rugby territory.

Veterans List
    Clever move by GWS.

Clarko probably wouldn't talk to clubs while they have a coach, as that would seem to be undermining the incumbent. But, GWS are the only club without a coach so can start talking legitimately to prospective coaches now.

If they want Clarko, I reckon GWS would very much appeal to him, a lot of high end talent there. He's got the rest of the season to observe them closely then get signed on the Monday after their season finishes, straight into trading and drafting.

Hird, never proved he could coach at Essendon, that's why he went the drugs route!

Pyke is the worry for us.

Senior Player
    If you were Clarko where would you rather live. Sydney or the Gold Coast/Brisbane. It's no contest really. Sorry DV44....

I don't think clarko can coach anyone this year as he's still contracted to the dawks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast