Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We were kicking to the midfield but there was no Swans player there.
    I partially agree with you. They often outnumbered us in the corridor looking to cut off our advantage but still on multiple occasions we would have someone relatively free in the corridor ready to cut them up through the middle only for us to kick it over there head or to the advantage of suns players. And often these weren't rushed kicks

Veterans List
    Some observations.

Gulden is wasted on the wing. Got most of his possessions backward of centre.
    Hayward is an unaccountable footballer, undisciplined, poor by foot and now is intent on giving away stupid 50's and free kicks. He is a nomad out there. No doubt he will put his hand out for his cheque again this week.
    Now that Papley has 2 games under his belt put him on the ball.
    We need field kicking practice and a lot of it. We hardly got a transitional possession in the midfield.
    Do something about the centre clearance work for goodness sake.
    Sides are now tagging Heeney and Jmac, and Jmac is feeling it.
    Sides have worked out to play us one on one. Footscray, North and Gold Coast have really showed our soft underbelly.
    Tom McCartin has to be told not to short pass. Stuffs it up most times.
    Tortoise McLean should not have played ahead of Reid. At least Sam completes and it takes McLean's brain 5 minutes to tell him to hand pass.
    Kennedy is as slow as a Sydney wet week and refuses to move the ball on. Wasn't our worst but takes away from a quick game.
    Geez Campbell is a wasted talent in the backline. We need to have him kicking forward of the centre.
    Our negative mindset has returned.
    Can't blame the forwards. 2 weeks in a row the delivery to them has been so poor. This week it was also lack of delivery.
    Thank goodness we recruited P.Mccartin.
    Ollie was ok but I now think that we miss his run in the midfield. Put him on the wing and Gulden forward.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I partially agree with you. They often outnumbered us in the corridor looking to cut off our advantage but still on multiple occasions we would have someone relatively free in the corridor ready to cut them up through the middle only for us to kick it over there head or to the advantage of suns players. And often these weren't rushed kicks
    All that. When we had someone there it seemed to be the wrong option. Hayward's horrid kick in the last quarter said it all. Might be one of the poorest players to play 100 games.

Buddy's discipline was terrible, more free kicks than goals isnt on. Papley needs a week in the reserves to get his touch.

If anyone in the reserves is screaming out for a game get them I think there are plenty of candidates for a rest. Poos skills is one thing but the inconsistent effort is unacceptable.Wanting to play half the game is not good enough.

Umpires were dreadful 3 50's against Sydney yet 2 blatant 50's not paid to the Swans. Its time for Longmire to cut loose and just pay the fine. Being quiet and raising it with the Umpires during the week isnt working.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    You think if they played 2 on Heeney and buddy then papley, Hayward, McLean or Logan could get free?
    I only noticed it when the ball come into our 50 arc sometimes, not throughout the game.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    Buddy's discipline was terrible, more free kicks than goals isnt on. Papley needs a week in the reserves to get his touch.

If anyone in the reserves is screaming out for a game get them I think there are plenty of candidates for a rest. Poos skills is one thing but the inconsistent effort is unacceptable.Wanting to play half the game is not good enough.

Umpires were dreadful 3 50's against Sydney yet 2 blatant 50's not paid to the Swans. Its time for Longmire to cut loose and just pay the fine. Being quiet and raising it with the Umpires during the week isnt working.
    Agree he gave away too many frees but he was clearly frustrated by the poor delivery to the forward line.

That non 50 in the last quarter says it all. I reckon there was a number of times the umps ignore GS players in the 5 metre zone.

Agree he gave away too many frees but he was clearly frustrated by the poor delivery to the forward line.

That non 50 in the last quarter says it all. I reckon there was a number of times the umps ignore GS players in the 5 metre zone.
    I don't care if they don't pay them unless it's blatant actions that impact on the contest. But they ignored 2 or 3 ones today where they had an actual impact on the play and the man with the ball.

I hate the 50s given when infringements actually have zero impact on the contest. Get the player in the right spot and play on. Once it actively impacts the play then it should be 50.

I still think they should move to making it 25 or 30m instead of 50m. Too big a penalty in the modern game for mine.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List

There were several more obvious 50m penalties that they didn't pay to us than the ones they did pay against us. But anyway...

Last week we were beaten by a more experienced more professional team - no shame in that/ This week we were beaten by a hungrier harder working team - no excuse for that.

When the effort level did go up, the skills plummeted. 8.13 at your home ground in perfect conditions against a competition struggler is just unforgiveable. The pundits were suggesting our early season conversion rate and efficiency inside 50 were unsustainable, and I discounted it as Melbourne media jealousy. But watching Heeney miss from 30m directly in front, I realised they were right.

Some soul searching required to turn this season around, or it will become a wasted opportunity.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    In last nights game I must have seen Bulldogs players move on the mark at least four times and not once were they pinged.....it was nauseating but sadly no surprise that we copped the opposite today. Must be wonderful to be a protected species.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, for the past month, I think we look like a side that was near the bottom of the ladder two years ago, have started a rise but are still prone to flat spots and inconsistencies.

A few of the young guys looked a bit cooked today. Gulden was given a lesson by Ellis today, it was the first time I’d say Campbell had been beaten this year, McInerney was ok but will need to get used to being tagged and McDonald still flashes in and out of games.

As for our field kicking, the lack of synchronicity with the intended target was way off - even amongst our better kicks. How much that was on the head of the kicker or the target not reading the cue of the kicker, hard to tell off the television. But we need to sort it out pronto as it has been a consistent issue.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So, for the past month, I think we look like a side that was near the bottom of the ladder two years ago, have started a rise but are still prone to flat spots and inconsistencies.

A few of the young guys looked a bit cooked today. Gulden was given a lesson by Ellis today, it was the first time I’d say Campbell had been beaten this year, McInerney was ok but will need to get used to being tagged and McDonald still flashes in and out of games.

As for our field kicking, the lack of synchronicity with the intended target was way off - even amongst our better kicks. How much that was on the head of the kicker or the target not reading the cue of the kicker, hard to tell off the television. But we need to sort it out pronto as it has been a consistent issue.
    At the ground I thought a lot of it was just terrible no look/no thought kicks. Hack it and hope, many times under no pressure at all.

There was no dash and hard running today to open up the game. Players looked like their legs were made of lead. So many chains where gold coast got uncontested possession after uncontested possession because they simply were working harder.

Flat as a tack today, and damn disappointing. Really thought when we levelled up at 3/4 time we would kick on. But we saved the worst for last - utterly woeful last quarter that could of went for 2 hours and we wouldn't have done anything.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Such a shame the 2012 boys had to sit and watch that crap!
    The Bloods Culture was insulted today.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast