Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9 pre-game thread, vs Bombers at SCG, 7:25 PM

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, if Campbell needed to be managed, he's a young body, and that's cool.

But with the side we've picked, the idea McInerney will be forced to play defence has me peeved. Don't get me wrong, he can do anything well but I'd rather he be up on the wing and pinch hitting in the centre square.

I guess the one saving grace is Essendon don't have great small forwards so hopefully he won't be too pinned down in defence.

As for the Bell/Wicks/Ronke debate, have fun guys and gals and remember to play nice!
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So, if Campbell needed to be managed, he's a young body, and that's cool.

But with the side we've picked, the idea McInerney will be forced to play defence has me peeved. Don't get me wrong, he can do anything well but I'd rather he be up on the wing and pinch hitting in the centre square.

I guess the one saving grace is Essendon don't have great small forwards so hopefully he won't be too pinned down in defence.

As for the Bell/Wicks/Ronke debate, have fun guys and gals and remember to play nice!
    play nice?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    They would be better to play Stephens than both Bell and Wicks who have NO improvement in them.
    That might well be the case and I don't agree with you but it's interesting that one thing they're for looking for this week by bringing Bell and Wicks in is pressure and a real go which the side lacked big time last week.
    I noticed Chad being highlighted for a lack of defensive effort at one point by Leigh Montana on Afl360 and it was something I'd noticed...it's all very well to have skills and run downhill like a gazelle when we have the ball but the commitment and pressure was way off without the ball..it's like they were all trying to be Harlem Globetrotters.

A side is not just supremely skilled attacking players but the one percenters to bring it all together are also required..we rank fairly low as a team on so many key indicators at the moment

Keep having a go at Bell. Lucky he has people that believe him at the club ..that's all that matters

I hope this is the week that Bell plays to the level he shows in the VFL. He certainly seems to be a Longmire favourite, despite disappointing on every outing. The only thing that annoys me is that O'Riordan is such a better footballer than Bell, I can't see why we couldn't play him this week in defence with both Harry and Braeden out.

What I can surmise from the selections this week is to expect more midfield time from Heeney and Papley. Even Hayward may see some time in the mids. I'm okay with a bit of a shakeup, even if it's a small one.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I hope this is the week that Bell plays to the level he shows in the VFL. He certainly seems to be a Longmire favourite, despite disappointing on every outing. The only thing that annoys me is that O'Riordan is such a better footballer than Bell, I can't see why we couldn't play him this week in defence with both Harry and Braeden out.

What I can surmise from the selections this week is to expect more midfield time from Heeney and Papley. Even Hayward may see some time in the mids. I'm okay with a bit of a shakeup, even if it's a small one.
    You know who i would put there with Harry and the kid out . He would be good

Veterans List
    It's a big shame that Ronke's fallen away over the last fortnight, after it looked like he'd broken out.

I'm not the biggest Wicks fan, but he's had 10 and 8 tackles in the last two VFL games and you'd imagine he'll go hard on Saturday.

Bell was best on for the VFL side, over Stephens, so let's hope *this* is the game he settles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    You know who i would put there with Harry and the kid out . He would be good
    That's way too cryptic for us mere mortals. I think Bell in the backline has a certain ring to it.

Veterans List
    I only agree with Hickey in.

Our back 7 will have to be:
    McCartin
    McCartin
    Rampe
    Lloyd
    Blakey
    McInerney
    Florent

No way do we want Bell or Wicks kicking the ball out of our defensive 50.

As Ludwig has said, Heeney will likely play 80/20 as a mid, probably only going forward when Buddy is off. Paps will see a bit of mid time too.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    That's way too cryptic for us mere mortals. I think Bell in the backline has a certain ring to it.
    No

Senior Player
    Judging by the stat's, Papley is extremely lucky to have not been dropped. Ronke's figures were better and bar for a poster he would have the same score.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Hayward has a charmed life. 4 kicks, 4 handpasses, 3 marks and a whopping 5 tackles. 0.1 goals.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast