Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Round 9 pre-game thread, vs Bombers at SCG, 7:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    No
    Being a touch sarcastic there TB. Let's hope we take it to the Bombers in a big way this weekend.

Veterans List
    Hickey, yes. I favour the two ruck set up, means both rucks are still fresh'ish to the end of the game, less individual wear and tear. Don't even care if they tag team interchange off the bench, we haven't been using all our interchanges anyway.

Other team changes, we've been here before hmmmmmmmmmm Both Bell and Wicks had better absolutely harass Essendon because they don't do a lot more.

Please win and don't make it the usual Essendon nail biter

Gould or more likely Stephens as Medi-Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I hope this is the week that Bell plays to the level he shows in the VFL. He certainly seems to be a Longmire favourite, despite disappointing on every outing. The only thing that annoys me is that O'Riordan is such a better footballer than Bell, I can't see why we couldn't play him this week in defence with both Harry and Braeden out.
    There is really something going on with repeated selection of Bell ! He just seems to do next to nothing but keeps being selected. While others like Gould, Oriordan etc who train and seem to be doing well are not selected in the positions which are vacant. That is seriously wrong and would cause disenchantment amongst the playing group especially if Bell plays in defence when he has done bugger all in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    No comment
    Wow TB. The oracle has done it again.

No body else mentioned Bell for midfield. I can’t see where else Bell plays.

Papley and Wicks are the small forwards. No room for Bell as a small forward.

They have not brought in an extra small backmen to replace Campbell. That role could be shared between Florent and J-Mac.

There is a midfield place or wing play open and it looks like Bell will play there.

I thought Chad and J-Mac predictions early in 2021 were outstanding, but predicting Bell for the midfield is simply amazing forward thinking.

Veteran Site Admin
    I wonder if we might see Hayward play in defence. It seemed to kickstart his season a year or three back when he spent a third of the season stationed there. And even this year, I think he's done well when he's wandered up the ground, rather than standing stationary in the forward line. He may not be a natural defender, but playing with direct defensive responsibilities may remind him of what he should be doing more of when he is forward. And I think he's naturally more agile than, say, JPK as a medium defender.

We can then rotate Parker and Kennedy between the forward line and midfield. I can't see either will offer less as a medium sized marking (or just aerial contesting) option than Hayward has so far this season.

Bell must have some compromising photos. Several players in the ressies who are much more deserving with bigger upsides

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Hayward has a charmed life. 4 kicks, 4 handpasses, 3 marks and a whopping 5 tackles. 0.1 goals.
    I agree Nico, I thought he had a shocker last week and has dropped off markedly this year compared to the end of last year.

Maybe we’ll see him in defence again this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    My bad RR. I wrongly came to that conclusion because I mistook JB for RB....and I had already misread the start of your post as suggesting we should give Bell a go, making me think you thought that we could become a top side with him in the middle. I was wrong.

I think I'm the one smoking something I shouldn't!
    All good Stevo- now that Bell (and Wicks!) are in, let’s smoke that stuff together!😊

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Wow TB. The oracle has done it again.

No body else mentioned Bell for midfield. I can’t see where else Bell plays.

Papley and Wicks are the small forwards. No room for Bell as a small forward.

They have not brought in an extra small backmen to replace Campbell. That role could be shared between Florent and J-Mac.

There is a midfield place or wing play open and it looks like Bell will play there.

I thought Chad and J-Mac predictions early in 2021 were outstanding, but predicting Bell for the midfield is simply amazing forward thinking.
    Wow Bangalore- have you just woken to the prophet that is our TB? His prediction that Bell deserves a go in midfield is not only amazing forward thinking, but obviously he has Horse’s ear. I hope Horse acknowledges that the idea came from TB and not take any credit for it. Let’s hope it proves to be a resounding success and I for one will eat humble pie as I had, hate to admit, written JB off. With him and young Wicks back in the team I really think we will have made the best possible team selection. Hickey was only included.to make up the numbers as 3 inclusions were needed.

I’m sure that with one exception, both you and TB will agree that this team is our best 22. Let’s unleash them on the Bombers!

Sorry guys- I’m now quitting smoking!😊

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I agree Nico, I thought he had a shocker last week and has dropped off markedly this year compared to the end of last year.

Maybe we’ll see him in defence again this weekend?
    I also think Hayward been so unaccountable like Nico mentioned ...maybe Liz is right as he did have those games in defence and he had to be more accountable there

- - - Updated - - -

Classy post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Bell must have some compromising photos. Several players in the ressies who are much more deserving with bigger upsides
    Classy post

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It's a big shame that Ronke's fallen away over the last fortnight, after it looked like he'd broken out.

I'm not the biggest Wicks fan, but he's had 10 and 8 tackles in the last two VFL games and you'd imagine he'll go hard on Saturday.

Bell was best on for the VFL side, over Stephens, so let's hope *this* is the game he settles.
    I agree about Ronke ...I think Barracuda hit the nail on the head that since Papley came back he's crowded the space for Ronke who's a similar player and perhaps led to a lack of confidence by him. That confidence he had in those promising games he had when he made his first appearance this year a handful of games back ...it was Ronke's energy that got us over the line in one of those games when things were looking bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Not sure if wicks is quite ready for a return. However I watched the ressies and he was actually very good. He only played forward, was very disciplined, was very energetic and despite a very close tag ended up with 15 touches and 8 tackles. He certainly looked like a player working specifically on his role for the seniors. It seems a bit different for Bell and Taylor who play midfield, get lots of touches when they will never play midfield for the seniors.
    But isn't that sad that Bell is actually a good mid but won't play there in the seniors side. He is really good in there, strong. We need that at this time. Mills needs to play mid not tag. Bell needs to play mids as the other bigger mid. But with JPK there is no place for him. JPK was poor last week. So was Parker.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk