Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 10 vs Carlton Blues Friday 7:50PM @ Marvel - Pre-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Draper comes hard from behind. He uses his arm in a downward motion fist clenched. His forearm comes across and down Blakey's head. Someone on Big Footy said when they sw it they thought Draper had killed him. It was a very violent motion and should have been cited. He made no attempt to hit the ball, only the head, which he did hit and in the aftermath the ball came out of Blakey's hands on his way down

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    I was at the ground but a fair way from the incident and thought he’d been hit in the head. Did he even get a free? It looked terrible at the time.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    He is a bloody ripper . Future captain and will be top 5 player in the comp
    Totally agree with you he has the potential to be our own version of Dusty over the next decade. It makes me wonder why some think that chasing a soon to be 31 year old Dusty on a huge wage will benefit Chad or the team.
    I don’t get the marketing angle that the media have mentioned it’s a case of as usual assuming Swans supporters need “names” to keep them engaged.
    I know some say he could learn from him but I think he has enough natural ability of his own to create his own name. Chad does need to work on his defence but I don’t think that Dusty is the man to assist there.
    Sorry drifted off topic a bit here maybe this can be moved to the appropriate list management etc thread ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Don’t have to have played to enjoy it or have opinions. Plenty of male obstetricians who have never given birth.

You can still know plenty about footy from watching, without playing.

And given some of the commentators out there, playing footy doesn’t always equate to sensible opinions either.
    Never a truer word spoken , or written in this case.
    It’s excruciating listening to some of those talking heads .
    Great commentators paint a picture with words not opinions.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Totally agree with you he has the potential to be our own version of Dusty over the next decade. It makes me wonder why some think that chasing a soon to be 31 year old Dusty on a huge wage will benefit Chad or the team.
    I don’t get the marketing angle that the media have mentioned it’s a case of as usual assuming Swans supporters need “names” to keep them engaged.
    I know some say he could learn from him but I think he has enough natural ability of his own to create his own name. Chad does need to work on his defence but I don’t think that Dusty is the man to assist there.
    Sorry drifted off topic a bit here maybe this can be moved to the appropriate list management etc thread ?
    He already has his own name . He is The Chad and if you 've been to SCG anytime in last 2 yrs you will know the buzz that goes around the crowd every time he is near it .

He doesn't need to work on his defence , thats not his job . Dusty has not spent 1 minute of his career worrying about his opponent and he never will . Leave that to the lesser blokes and let the best talents do their thing . It worked for Richmond , 3 BOGs in 3 grand finals says it all

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You're ignoring the hard work he did to get to the position to kick those goals, particularly the second one. I bet he was half way up the ground, influencing a contest, just a few seconds before he received the ball in the forward line with his opponent trailing far behind.
    Yes, his second one was featured on Fox Footy as one example of how the Swans simply outworked Essendon all game. He gut runned for about 70 m to get there, after laying a tackle, leaving his opponent in his wake. Top effort.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I don't think having played the game is a prerequisite for making sensible comments, how many games has Liz played?
    You do realise that women's footy has been played for decades. Dangerous assumption you make there. You may be right but you can't just assume these things.

Veterans List
    He already has his own name . He is The Chad and if you 've been to SCG anytime in last 2 yrs you will know the buzz that goes around the crowd every time he is near it .

He doesn't need to work on his defence , thats not his job . Dusty has not spent 1 minute of his career worrying about his opponent and he never will . Leave that to the lesser blokes and let the best talents do their thing . It worked for Richmond , 3 BOGs in 3 grand finals says it all
    Doesn't mean the Swans will put up with the same from 'the' Chad. I agree with you to let him do his thing but when it is time for him to put in a defensive effort, I'd like to see that happen....and I'm sure the coaches would too. We don't see it enough and at times he looks a little 'fair weather'.

I'll go further and say that if he doesn't lift in this area, he will never captain the Swans.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Doesn't mean the Swans will put up with the same from 'the' Chad. I agree with you to let him do his thing but when it is time for him to put in a defensive effort, I'd like to see that happen....and I'm sure the coaches would too. We don't see it enough and at times he looks a little 'fair weather'.

I'll go further and say that if he doesn't lift in this area, he will never captain the Swans.
    WTF , he is averaging 1 less tackle a game than RB and that is all RB does and 1 more tackle than Parker who is captain ! So what are you on about . You know what makes a captain ? Someone who leads by example , Chads not even played 30 games but hes shown plenty of times we have been dead on the ropes and it 's been his brilliance that 's given us a spark . He is top 5 in coaches votes for us , key word COACHES votes , same number of votes as our current CAPTAIN so he is doing everything right .

Veterans List
    WTF , he is averaging 1 less tackle a game than RB and that is all RB does and 1 more tackle than Parker who is captain ! So what are you on about . You know what makes a captain ? Someone who leads by example , Chads not even played 30 games but hes shown plenty of times we have been dead on the ropes and it 's been his brilliance that 's given us a spark . He is top 5 in coaches votes for us , key word COACHES votes , same number of votes as our current CAPTAIN so he is doing everything right .
    Not everything. One percenters TB. James will never have Chad's brilliance and he will never be captain but he will always have it over Chad in this area. One percenters don't get noticed by most fickle fans (and vindictive one's it seems) or get votes but they do get noticed by coaches and he keeps getting selected.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Not everything. One percenters TB. James will never have Chad's brilliance and he will never be captain but he will always have it over Chad in this area. One percenters don't get noticed by most fickle fans or get votes but they do get noticed by coaches and he keeps getting selected.
    We are talking about CHAD

Not about 1%ers or RB .

Veterans List
    We are talking about CHAD

Not about 1%ers or RB .
    But you keep comparing him with RB. I didn't even mention RB in my post regarding Chad's lack of defensive efforts but you did in your reply, so apparently, you are talking about RB (again)....so what is the responder to do? I'd go as far as saying the coaches would say he leads by example. So many others see it too.

Senior Player
    And there it is 😀
    I don’t think anyone thinks James is a more dynamic player than Chad but they fill different roles.
    Chad definitely seems to have more upside and we all agree he is a potential star.
    Where you get people offside is that you never miss an opportunity to take a potshot at a player that 90% of supporters and, more importantly, the coaching staff rate as part of our best 22.
    I am trying my best not to get sucked in but I can’t let your persistent denigration go unanswered.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast