Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 10 vs Carlton Blues Friday 7:50PM @ Marvel - Pre-Game Thread

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    But you keep comparing him with RB. I didn't even mention RB in my post regarding Chad's lack of defensive efforts but you did in your reply, so apparently, you are talking about RB (again)....so what is the responder to do?
    I also mentioned Parker ! Showing that Chad stacks up just fine defensively and captain-wise with RB who is defensive and Parker who is captain .

You tried to say he wasnt defensive enough but hes nearly on par with the bloke who is only defensive , and you tried to say he wouldnt be captain because of it but hes doing better defensively than the bloke who is captain .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I also mentioned Parker ! Showing that Chad stacks up just fine defensively and captain-wise with RB who is defensive and Parker who is captain .

You tried to say he wasnt defensive enough but hes nearly on par with the bloke who is only defensive , and you tried to say he wouldnt be captain because of it but hes doing better defensively than the bloke who is captain .
    You quote only tackle counts, I mention one percenters....these are the things coaches love (and take note of). RB is relentless in everything he does as is Parker, Chad not so much defensively. Of course Chad will tackle if he has to.....if he didn't he'd be dropped.

Suspended by the MRP
    You quote only tackle counts, I mention one percenters....these are the things coaches love (and take note of). RB is relentless in everything he does as is Parker, Chad not so much defensively. Of course Chad will tackle if he has to.....if he didn't he'd be dropped.
    Ridiculous .

Veterans List
    Ridiculous .
    You reckon? Honestly?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I don't think having played the game is a prerequisite for making sensible comments, how many games has Liz played?
    You do realise that women's footy has been played for decades. Dangerous assumption you make there. You may be right but you can't just assume these things.
    1) Actually yes, I have some awareness of Women's football, for example, the earliest date for a game involving a Swans women's team that I could find (when I last researched the subject) was in 1947, reports from the time indicated that 25,000 attended.
    2) I wasn't making any assumption about Liz's playing career (or otherwise) - I asked a question (it had a question makr and everything).
    3) In fact, I didn't even make an assumption about Liz's gender, I don't believe we've ever met, so I avoided the use of a personal pronown in my post.

I think you just assumed I was making assumtions. LOL

For all I know "Liz" could actually be the non-de-RWO of a strapping 6'9" stone former ruckman from Wanthaggi - the number of horror stories I've heard from friends about false profiles on eHarmony, one just never knows.

The only thing I do know about "Liz" is that his/her (couldn't avoid that one) posts (and occasional chastising PM's) are worth reading.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Suspended by the MRP
    You reckon? Honestly?
    Yes , it is ridiculous we are having this conversation . You read my whole comment that was positive about Chad and chose to go on about one area where hes not outstanding , and make that a reason why he cant be captain . Spare me.

Veterans List
    Yes , it is ridiculous we are having this conversation . You read my whole comment that was positive about Chad and chose to go on about one area where hes not outstanding , and make that a reason why he cant be captain . Spare me.
    It's the one area a 'captain' should always be good at and setting an example to his team mates with. It's one of the many reasons Mills is co-captain. This is relevant because you mentioned RB as a comparison....and this is an area that RB definitely has it over Chad.

Stop mentioning RB in your Chad posts and I will stop comparing them.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    1) Actually yes, I have some awareness of Women's football, for example, the earliest date for a game involving a Swans women's team that I could find (when I last researched the subject) was in 1947, reports from the time indicated that 25,000 attended.
    2) I wasn't making any assumption about Liz's playing career (or otherwise) - I asked a question (it had a question makr and everything).
    3) In fact, I didn't even make an assumption about Liz's gender, I don't believe we've ever met, so I avoided the use of a personal pronown in my post.

I think you just assumed I was making assumtions. LOL

For all I know "Liz" could actually be the non-de-RWO of a strapping 6'9" stone former ruckman from Wanthaggi - the number of horror stories I've heard from friends about false profiles on eHarmony, one just never knows.

The only thing I do know about "Liz" is that his/her (couldn't avoid that one) posts (and occasional chastising PM's) are worth reading.
    I did assume some things and I accept the crux of this post.

I think Chad is being underrated defensively. There is room for improvement but he is quite alright - with tackling and one percenters. Anyway, Chad's playing the role that's asked of him (and that plays to his strengths). In his draft years Chad played less flashily and more defensively with impressive smothers and other one percenters.

Likewise, I think RB's offence is underrated. He's a decent kick and uses the ball reasonably well given he's in an inside role.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    It's the one area a 'captain' should always be good at and setting an example to his team mates with. It's one of the many reasons Mills is co-captain. This is relevant because you mentioned RB as a comparison....and this is an area that RB definitely has it over Chad.

Stop mentioning RB in your Chad posts and I will stop comparing them.
    What a load of rubbish , where is it in the rulebook that a captain is defined by his one percenters ? Its crap . You are making stuff up

I only mentioned RB (and Parker ! ) because i was showing how Chad isnt much different to them with his defensive efforts . He is averaging 1 tackle and 1 pressure act less than RB and that is all RB is in the team for . He is also ahead of Parker in tackles and equal with him in pressure acts and he is CAPTAIN. So you can keep saying it but it wont make it true .

Veterans List
    I suspect Hewett will pick up Chad tomorrow. Consensus on radio this morning is that Mills goes to Cripps.

Carlton is the No.1 centre clearance team by a long way. We are pretty ordinary in that department, so we need to go 50/50 at least. It will be interesting to see who starts in the guts. Watching clips of Carlton on 360 last night showed Carlton are quick footed, so our Kennedy is wasted in there. Hickey will play a big part if he can grab the ball at centre bounces to break up Carlton's perceived dominance.

Carlton are down the list on defensive rebounds so quick entrances and pressure at the footy in our forward line is paramount. If Papley has a blinder then chaos will prevail.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post

This is your personal opinion and once again is without any factual basis so for gods sake stop it .
    When our coach comes out and states publicly this is the only reason James keeps getting selected I will accept it but until then your opinion on this subject is best ignored.
    I said recently he lives in your head and you continue to post comments that confirm it.
    Lives in my head ? im not even talking about RB . I was comparing Chad 's defensive numbers to RB's because RB is the defensive mid and that is where stevoswan said he wasnt good enough !

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast