Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Season Draft

Regular in the Side

Mid Season Draft

Apologies if I have missed an existing thread..

Well, the Mid-Season Rookie Draft is on 1 June, and we have an available spot on our list. So what sort of player do people think we should be looking at? Or just skip it and save cap space?

I barely watch lower leagues, but was impressed by Mutaz El Nour when we played the Northern Bullants in the VFL. Athletic tall-ish defender - more Alex Johnson than Heath Grundy. Wouldnt mind a proper tall defender to mind the new batch of ruck-size forwards, but i have no idea who is out there.

Veterans List
    Hard to gauge who is out there but no doubt Callum Twomey will have a fairly comprehensive list of likely draftees.

I don't particularly like the MSD because it just grabs the best players from second tier sides who are trying to win their own flag.

What it does do however is give those sides on the bottom a chance to grab a player who may have gone in the 20-30 range at the ND, sort of a priority pick for those strugglers without actually having to give them a PP at the ND.

Every team will make a vacancy or two in their lists so they can partake. We won't select until 13-15 so there is highly unlikely to be any gems by then but we'll probably grab a development player like we did last year rather than having to use a late ND pick.

Veterans List
    MID SEASON DRAFT - is that the title of this thread?

Ex Hawk Hanrahan was mentioned earlier in the main drafting thread but notice he hasn't even nominated for the MSD.

I've read the MSD previews and don't see any must have players, as usual it will be selecting a development player six months early. Always a possibility we don't even partake given we won't pick until early teens

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Reported after former Swans Academy player Jacob Bauer along with 5 other clubs

Pies, Bombers among six clubs reportedly interested in athletic SANFL forward - AFL News - Zero Hanger

Not sure we have a need for another tallish forward given our glut at the moment, but it does say he started the season in defence so that's where we could be looking at him to play.

I think of Sinclair and Amartey as ruck-forwards and McLean is serviceable but not A or even B grade so I don't see any glut of tallish forwards.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I was surprised some of the articles (the Hun in particular) said we were well stocked for KPPs and might need to pick up (inside) midfielders or project ruck men!

Veterans List
    Can they put Kennedy on the long term injury list to open up a spot next week.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can they put Kennedy on the long term injury list to open up a spot next week.
    My understanding is that he would have to go on the inactive list meaning that he couldn't play again this year

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Ten players there that all read very well, one even touted as worth a first rounder in the ND.

WC, Norf, Essendon and Crows well placed to grab the cream. Noticed Bauer an ex Swans academy player amongst the ten. Clubs busy putting players on the LTI list so they can participate next week, some have two spots available.

Veterans List
    6.30pm Wednesday, we probably have pick 12

The current ladder is very interesting with the next round of matches really important given who teams play

Please for the love of god a small defender not RESTING MIDS.

You can see how a proper defence nullified Carlton smalls today.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast