Thread: 2022 Grand Final

2022 Grand Final

Gill has just announced this year's Grand Final will return to the 2:30pm timeslot. I'm personally happy with that. I've noticed date of Grand Final is Saturday 24th September, same as in 2005. Omen perhaps? Paddy McCartin you star!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Gill has just announced this year's Grand Final will return to the 2:30pm timeslot. I'm personally happy with that. I've noticed date of Grand Final is Saturday 24th September, same as in 2005. Omen perhaps? Paddy McCartin you star!!!
    That would be wonderful.....especially for Paddy!

I too am happy with the traditional 2:30 start.

Senior Player
    I like the traditional afternoon. But I'm sure if the commercial imperative ever becomes strong enough it will change, and there'll be some corporate babble about how it's good for the game and what we all really want, even if we don't realise it.

And people will grumble but watch it anyway, in-between packing indignant but tired young kids off to bed.

A GF change that would be good for the game? Different venues, in my opinion.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That would be wonderful.....especially for Paddy!

I too am happy with the traditional 2:30 start.
    Me too! If it ain't broke,.......

Veteran Site Admin
    My main objection to a night grand final is that it caters for the local audience and for the TV audience but doesn't consider fans of interstate clubs. I've been fortunate enough to attend seven grand finals (one between neutral teams) and each time I've chosen to spend a couple of days in Melbourne. But it's nice to know that you have the option of flying down and back on the day of the game if your budget doesn't run to exorbitant accommodation or if you have family or other obligations that prevent you devoting more than a day to the match.

Other than for Western Australians (where the distance makes any time slot problematic), the rest of us outside Victoria lose than choice if the game becomes a night game.