Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: the other games. Indigenous round (part 1)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Round 10: the other games. Indigenous round (part 1)

One thing I always really like about Indigenous Round, is the often excellent jersey designs.

Every club's amazing Indigenous jumper: Which is best? Vote now

Adelaide's is always striking. I do like the blue pools in our new design. The variations on the sash in Richmond's jersey always seem to work well. And with Melbourne, or Narrm as they are called for the next two weeks, I do like the short sleeve version, but the long sleeve version looks a bit too much like panel van art to me. But I'm sure that others will have their own preferences.

As for the football, I'm feeling quietly confident about our clash tonight with Carlton. But if my confidence is misguided, then I might be paying more attention to the election, than the other games over the weekend.

Of the other games, the first is the Suns v the Bulldogs. I suspect many of us will be going for the Suns. And if they do win, people will be starting to talk about them as a genuine finals threat, which didn't seem likely when they lost Ben King for the season.

Next up is the Cats hosting the Power. I tend to view the Power as much more of a threat to us than the Cats, so a Cats win to stall the Power surge would be handy.

The Demons are again at $1.01, this time against the Kangaroos. Seems about right.

The next match is the Crows and the Saints. On the more of a threat basis: go the Crows.

The other Saturday night fixture is the Dreamtime at the G clash between the Tigers and the Bombers. Here, the prematch entertainment might actually be better than the match. Then again, the Bombers could be fired up after the criticism they copped during the week.

The first match on Sunday, should be a bit like a raft to a drowning man; with the drowning man being the Giants season and the raft being the Eagles. Unfortunately, for the Giants, they travel to Brisbane next week. So, back in the water for them.

And in the final two games of the round the Lions and the Dockers, should continue the slide down the table of the Hawks and the Magpies.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I like Freo's guernsey. The Roos looks good too. The Blues is too busy.
    I'd be happy if they played in these all season.
    The Dreamtime game will be interesting. Will the Bombers be too focused on being "tough" and not play the ball enough?
    It would be great to see the young Suns put the Puppies back in their kennel.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I also like North's indigenous jumper. Port Adelaide's, too!

Ours is the best, of course, though! My sister attended the Swans Ladies' Lunch in Melbourne today and won a Swans indigenous jumper signed by Buddy in the raffle!!!

To the football:

Hoping for Power, Suns, Dees, Tigers, Crows, Giants, Lions and Dockers.

Tipping that the media focus on the Bombers will have no positive effect on them at all and they'll be well beaten by the resurgent Tigers.

As always, though, GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS!!

Veterans List
    Re: Indigenous guernsey's...ours is OK but not as good a the spectacular 'black swan' design. This years would not look out of place as a Suns guernsey.

Naarm's look like PJ's to me but I thought this after seeing the long sleeve version.....it looks better short sleeved.

Saints one looks good, Colliingwood as usual, half hearted. They treasure their 'prison bars' too much. Figures.

Some good games this weekend. Bombers will continue to be without McDonald-Tipungwuti, who retired today. Sad to see him go on the eve of Sir Doug Nicholls Round. Tippa designed their indigenous guernsey.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 20th May 2022 at 07:03 PM.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Like Freo and North too. I actually didn’t mind West Coast, but their supporters are a bunch of racist arseholes that’ll be freaked out by it.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Like Freo and North too. I actually didn’t mind West Coast, but their supporters are a bunch of racist arseholes that’ll be freaked out by it.
    This comment needs a like

- - - Updated - - -

Not a fan of Melbourne's jumper - a bit too sparkly perhaps?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    As were (are?) the supporters of both Fremantle and North IIRC.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    Found myself agreeing with Damien Barrett this morning: IF Tom Lynch was Toby Greene ... THEN

IF ...
    Tom Lynch was Toby Greene ...

THEN ...
    he wouldn't be playing this week. But he's not, so he is. Nothing to see in his in-play head high hit on Hawk Jarman Impey last week.

But then he goes and says this:

IF ...
    you close your eyes and take a slow, deep breath ...

THEN ...
    you can see it. The SCG jam-packed on an early 2023 season Friday night, the house-full sign out the front, the Sydney CBD buzzing. Buddy and Dusty in the same forward line. Swans on top of the ladder. Don't rule it out.

What a tosser!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Watching the Suns game, Joel Jeffrey reminds me a bit of Micky O in his footy instincts and the way he uses his body in contests.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Oh my - North are in front.

Veterans List
    Richmond are a couple of goals away from putting us down to seventh.

Saints only down by a point now so will probably go on and win and we'll be eighth.....with Tigers and Naarm in the next two weeks. Then the bye , followed by our traditional post bye loss. Eek!

Veterans List
    Giants on their way to a percentage boosting win over the Eagles......53 pts up at half time. 14 goals in a half....to 5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast