Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: the other games. Indigenous round (part 1)

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=dejavoodoo44;845287]One thing I always really like about Indigenous Round, is the often excellent jersey designs.

Every club's amazing Indigenous jumper: Which is best? Vote now

It's become a very special time of the year The Doug Nicholls Round. Really like the Indigenous jumpers. They all look great. What I reckon ruins them unfortunately is the need to retain the sponsors brand. I'd willingly pay an extra 50 bucks for an Indigenous jumper sans the sponsor logo. Just looks so incongruous having this beautiful artwork with Harvey Norman on the back of it. Be good if two versions could be released if there's an imperative to keep the sponsors happy.

One of the many great things that should come about following the election result is that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will finally have a voice in parliament. A most positive thing.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    Dawks pushing Brisbane at the moment. A point up at half time. Match not over of course but it proves even the best teams can have an off match.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    One of the many great things that should come about following the election result is that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will finally have a voice in parliament. A most positive thing.
    +1

Veterans List
    Just checking the free kick counts of the 2 current matches.

GWS v WC (two interstate teams).....16 to 14 near the end of the game. 30 frees all up.

Hawks V Brisbane ( Vic team v interstate team).....19 to 10 at half time. 29 frees to half time.

One less free kick in the 2 interstate team clash in a whole game than the other 'half' game. There seems to often be a trend that when a Vic team plays an interstate team, there is way more frees paid overall and the majority of those extra frees go to the Victorian side.

When 2 interstate teams play, it seems that we probably see games being umpired as they should be, ie: put the effing whistle away and see the play for what it actually is!

Our game....53 frees paid with 11 more to Carlton.

It doesn't always play out this way but often.....especially with us.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 22nd May 2022 at 06:14 PM.

Veterans List
    Dawks still just ahead, 7 minutes into the last, after Lions had got to 22 pts in front during the third.

Frees now 29 to 22 Dawks way.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Dawks still just ahead, 7 minutes into the last, after Lions had got to 22 pts in front during the third.

Frees now 29 to 22 Dawks way.
    A real free kick fest. I looked at the one just paid against Harris Andrews three times and I still don't have any clue what it was for. Anyway, it's going to a real test of the 'first one to 100, wins the game' rule.

Veterans List
    Not sure if the Lions are fading or panicking but it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    A real free kick fest. I looked at the one just paid against Harris Andrews three times and I still don't have any clue what it was for. Anyway, it's going to a real test of the 'first one to 100, wins the game' rule.
    Yeah, that one was totally perplexing.

Suspended by the MRP
    Coleman from Lions , 22 and under , 26 touches

Thats 42

Senior Player
    Collingwood killing Fremantle in the wet. Helps Carlton with their top 4 and even top 2 aspirations given Brisbane lost today, and Freo play Melbourne next week.

But it also helps us with our top four aspirations too, especially if the Pies can beat the Blues as well next week.

At the end of this round there will be 9 winners and none bigger than Melbourne!! They move 2 games and nearly 20% clear of the chasing pack!! Wow!

Suspended by the MRP
    Jordan clark , under 22, has 24 with 7 mins to go

43 now

- - - Updated - - -

That Ginnivan is a greedy little turdmeister

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Collingwood killing Fremantle in the wet. Helps Carlton with their top 4 and even top 2 aspirations given Brisbane lost today, and Freo play Melbourne next week.

But it also helps us with our top four aspirations too, especially if the Pies can beat the Blues as well next week.
    What would help most is us beating Richmond.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Coleman from Lions , 22 and under , 26 touches

Thats 42
    What I want to see is the average career stats for all those 42. Week in, week out. Could be interesting .....and not so revelatory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast