Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 10 v Carlton @ Marvel Stadium

Not surprisingly George Hewett killed us in the Centre. He was underrated with us and he's proving it now when given a real crack at it by Voss. Just a very good, consistent player. No ill will here for George.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No Cunningham hurt us.
    Barry you maybe right but the team sucked in that first half. No single player could have stopped that avalanche as the ball was coming in with monotonous ease. Harry would have helped but we shouldn’t rely on any one player- we need a team effort if we are to challenge for anything. And it simply wasn’t there during the first half- Carlton could have been 10 goals in front but for some missed shots. Yes, the umpiring was awful but we were outnumbered to the ball all over the ground. Simply unacceptable from a team aspiring to be in the 8, let alone top 4. However, they almost made up for it in the second half and full credit for that as we weren’t disgraced. But we all hate losing to Carlton!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Not surprisingly George Hewett killed us in the Centre. He was underrated with us and he's proving it now when given a real crack at it by Voss. Just a very good, consistent player. No ill will here for George.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Correct. None here were happy about it but it looked like a salary cap issue which is regrettable as he is such a consistently good player. And he was played out of position, which we tend to do unfortunately.

If either Wicks or Bell stay in the team next week against Richmond, the selectors need to be dropped.

I don’t care who comes in- just don’t want to see these two until they well and truly prove themselves in the ressies. My preference however is not to let them anywhere near our first team. Surely we can do better!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Correct. None here were happy about it but it looked like a salary cap issue which is regrettable as he is such a consistently good player. And he was played out of position, which we tend to do unfortunately.
    But we chose to resign Kennedy for another year.

- - - Updated - - -

If either Wicks or Bell stay in the team next week against Richmond, the selectors need to be dropped.

I don’t care who comes in- just don’t want to see these two until they well and truly prove themselves in the ressies. My preference however is not to let them anywhere near our first team. Surely we can do better!
    They are only reserves players. Their reserves form does not translate to the seniors.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Spot on. Remember the Bulldogs game. Disgraceful umpiring and 5 goals from free kicks to zero really helped Carlton. Welcome to Melbourne runned football. Even Longmire is getting pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    So much better with Blakey taking the kick ins too
    Fluffed a few, tho. But liking what he’s doing overall.

Senior Player
    Agree that is was only a salary cap issue that forced George out - even more curious is how the hell Carlton and within the salary cap!!!

I would NOT be surprised if 2-3 years from now it is revealed they were over. Look at who they have recruited - George would be on the least of the other names. Obviously McKay, Cripps and Walsh get 50 bucks a week and a slab of VB to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Wicks and Bell didn’t have good games last night but they are easy targets when it was the midfield and defence that was well beaten last night.
    +1 Wicks and Bell didn't have good games but I also saw plenty of things Chad and others did wrong last night...it's a learning experience...we just couldn't get the ball out of the centre in that second quarter...I thought one of the umps was so dodgy and Carlton were on fire in that second quarter in front of a raucous crowd. Was really proud of that second half...I think that was a huge learning experience and we won't lack confidence and learning points gained from it..
    I'm not as down on that performance as in other losses...hopefully we take the learning points from that and beat them when it counts at the pointy end of the season.

If Bell is dropped he'll be dropped but can we just respect indigenous round and let It happen without the damaging comments.. not you UGG

Veterans List
    Deleted: Misunderstood post I was replying to.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st May 2022 at 01:26 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    +1 Wicks and Bell didn't have good games but I also saw plenty of things Chad and others did wrong last night...it's a learning experience...we just couldn't get the ball out of the centre in that second quarter...I thought one of the umps was so dodgy and Carlton were on fire in that second quarter in front of a raucous crowd. Was really proud of that second half...I think that was a huge learning experience and we won't lack confidence and learning points gained from it..
    I'm not as down on that performance as in other losses...hopefully we take the learning points from that and beat them when it counts at the pointy end of the season.

If Bell is dropped he'll be dropped but can we just respect indigenous round and let It happen without the damaging comments.. not you UGG
    Agree with you on Chad....there were a number of times last night I screamed 'chase your man Chad' as he jogged along with his opponent leaving him in his wake. He's fast when he's got the ball but sadly, not so when he hasn't. This must change.

Perplexed by your Bell comment and linking 'damaging comments' about him with Indigenous Round. I don't think they're connected. If the comments had racial overtones, they would be 'damaging'.......but they don't. To link them to Indigenous Round is speculative and risky to say the least.....and not fair on posters who rightly have something to say about this player that is perhaps negative. You'd have to agree that he was far from good last night....and deserves to be dropped.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st May 2022 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post

What are you on about? Nothing to do with indigenous round whatsoever!
    Now we all like Bell as a bloke but seriously stop defending the indefensible, Yes, Chad didn’t do a lot of things right but he was involved in some positive play. He has talent and heaps of upside.
    The other 2 don’t. It was there for all to see last night, unfortunately.