Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 10 v Carlton @ Marvel Stadium

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Any how you can kick into the man on the mark with the standing rule is disgraceful
    Tom McCartin did the same. Stood there like a statue for an eternity before thinking of moving the ball on. He had a howler, but mind you, it looked like he had his arms knocked in marking contests.

Senior Player
    Went to the GWS v Carlton game last week and Carlton looked pretty good and knew we would be up against it this week.
    But nine goals in a quarter. Yikes, that's the game right there. Has anyone ever won a game of footy when they've had
    nine goals laid on them in half an hour. Nope. Disappointing that we don't have seem to have a Plan B like trying to deny
    them the ball a bit when they are obviously on fire. Carlton, 8-and-2, who'd have thought.
    Last edited by KTigers; 21st May 2022 at 10:39 AM.

Our second half was good- did Carlton tire or did we wake up and realise that there was a game to play? Maybe a bit of both but I was very happy with our effort in the third and last quarters. We just couldn’t catch them in the end but realistically we didn’t deserve to win though in fainess Carlton got an armchair ride from these crazy umps.

For next week, I would like to see Rowy back, together with Stephens/Gould/Clarke.
    Outs: Bell, Wicks and Joey.

I will watch the second half again but not the first- too painful!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    On Campbell playing HBF. I don't recall Walsh being blooded off a HBF. Campbell is a midfielder. They slaughtered Hewett last year off the HBF. What coaching genius thought that was a good move? How long did they leave Mills there? Campbell is quick and courageous and lacks nothing on his attack at the footy. Last night showed the value of his penetrating kicks and speed but he is kicking from half back. Get him into the midfield action and don't waste his talents, and we might see some quality delivery to our forwards.

Campbell was so well regarded in the draft 17 other clubs would have taken him if we didn't.
    I couldn't agree more Nico. Part of the reason Imo of letting George go without much fuss was because we needed to give opportunities to our young brigade and retain them. Campbell played as a mid before being drafted. Let's stick him in the guts. He is quick, tough and has great delivery skills. The other bloke we need to get in there is Stephens. Let's hope he knocks the door off its hinges in the ressies today.

Regular in the Side
    surely the selectors should now know that Bell and Wicks are not up to it. Even u knockers of James Ropwbottom would have to accept er missed him. Selecors also stuffed up by not havinf Rmps on Curenow, Curnow too fast in movement for TM.
    O'riiodan also not uyp to it, where were are balf back in first half Carlton smalls dominated without a man on them.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Went to the GWS v Carlton game last week and Carlton looked pretty good and knew we would be up against it this week.
    But nine goals in a quarter. Yikes, that's the game game right there. Has anyone ever won a game of footy when they've had
    nine goals laid on them in half an hour. Nope. Disappointing that we don't have seem to have a Plan B like trying to deny
    them the ball a bit when they are obviously on fire. Carlton, 8-and-2, who'd have thought.
    Our guys were asleep- pure and simple. To have 9 goals kicked against you in a second quarter, when you are still fresh, is beyond me. The players have to wear this though of course the coaches are at fault as well. Btw, where is Don Pyke? I don’t see him in the coaches box or have I missed him?

Heeney is such a talent you want him to be everywhere, but he needs to play up forward where he can really hurt the opposition. Please leave him there and rotate others through the midfield: we have Parks, Mills, Warner, Gulden, J Mc, Florent, Campbell, COR and even Ramps to try if we’re getting done. Paps every now and then too but please leave Heeney up front for gooodness sakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Btw, where is Don Pyke? I don’t see him in the coaches box or have I missed?
    Heard Don Pyke being interviewed before the game on SEN from the ground.

Last question they asked him would he put his hand up for senior coaching role at year's end if opportunity arose, which he refused to get into by answering "wait & see".

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    surely the selectors should now know that Bell and Wicks are not up to it. Even u knockers of James Ropwbottom would have to accept er missed him. Selecors also stuffed up by not havinf Rmps on Curenow, Curnow too fast in movement for TM.
    O'riiodan also not uyp to it, where were are balf back in first half Carlton smalls dominated without a man on them.
    Our selectors work like this: if the team wins, make minimal or no changes. If we lose, make minimal changes, irrespective of how a player performs, because we have to give them plenty of opportunities to show they are not up to it.

Plan B? What’s that?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Wicks and Bell didn’t have good games last night but they are easy targets when it was the midfield and defence that was well beaten last night.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Our guys were asleep- pure and simple. To have 9 goals kicked against you in a second quarter, when you are still fresh, is beyond me. The players have to wear this though of course the coaches are at fault as well. Btw, where is Don Pyke? I don’t see him in the coaches box or have I missed him?

Heeney is such a talent you want him to be everywhere, but he needs to play up forward where he can really hurt the opposition. Please leave him there and rotate others through the midfield: we have Parks, Mills, Warner, Gulden, J Mc, Florent, Campbell, COR and even Ramps to try if we’re getting done. Paps every now and then too but please leave Heeney up front for gooodness sakes!
    We don't use Gulden at centre bounces. He is quick off the mark, reads the play and is an instinctive player. A mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Heard Don Pyke being interviewed before the game on SEN from the ground.

Last question they asked him would he put his hand up for senior coaching role at year's end if opportunity arose, which he refused to get into by answering "wait & see".
    Thanks KSAS. Horse is great but he was clearly outcoached by Voss last night. The switch of Ramps to Curnow was obvious from the start as was Mills to play his natural game. Ollie or J Mac on Walsh and Parks on Cripps. Joey mostly on the bench, until the last quarter, when his lack of pace wouldn’t stand out so much- seeing he was selected in the first place.

I thought Lloyd played well for a change and Paddy was good. COR was a bit stiff in the first half as he lacked rhythm but improved as the game progressed. We really only had 2 passengers, though the whole team with the exception of Logan, were all pretty feeble in the first half. Shocking effort.

No Cunningham hurt us.