Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 12 Pre-Match Thread, vs Melbourne at MCG, 7:25 PM Saturday 4 June

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    That dill Barrett has finally said something worthwhile , said Chad is a chance for the Brownlow in 23 or 24 and called him an extraordinary talent !
    Wow, two oracles!

You're Chad love is basically a yawn fest.....because we ALL agree! You're flogging a dead horse TB.

Fox was a very underrated defender for us in 2020 and I'll always stand by his selection. For me he should be an auto-in. He plays with vigour, is athletic with a high leap, can play on smalls and talls (bar the big big boys) and can rebound.

When Rampe went down in 2020, Fox was a capable replacement. I think Rampe, Fox, McCartin bros, Lloyd and Blakey is a very solid starting back six
    Last edited by longmile; 3rd June 2022 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Fox was a very underrated defender for us in 2020 and I'll always stand by his selection. For me he should be an auto-in. He plays with vigour, is athletic with a high leap, can play on smalls and talls (bar the big boys) and can rebound.

When Rampe went down in 2020, Fox was a capable replacement. I think Rampe, Fox, McCartin bros, Lloyd and Blakey is a very solid starting back six
    I agree but Lloyd is looking shaky

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Wow, two oracles!

You're Chad love is basically a yawn fest.....because we ALL agree! You're flogging a dead horse TB.
    as are you. Move on

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I agree but Lloyd is looking shaky
    Lloyd and rampe have been very shaky this year! But both probably played there best game of the year last week.

Suspended by the MRP
    Wow, two oracles!

I am just sharing what was said by people outside the club , same as i would about any other player . Any time one of ours is recognised it is special

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Fox was a very underrated defender for us in 2020 and I'll always stand by his selection. For me he should be an auto-in. He plays with vigour, is athletic with a high leap, can play on smalls and talls (bar the big big boys) and can rebound.

I like Fox. He’s a poor man’s Rampe. A bit like the Great Dane himself these days. Think he’s a handy addition and someone who can defend.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Actually, TB's OTT enthusiasm for Chad is making me doubt my good opinion of him (Chad Warner rather than TB).
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 3rd June 2022 at 08:56 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    That dill Barrett has finally said something worthwhile , said Chad is a chance for the Brownlow in 23 or 24 and called him an extraordinary talent !
    Chad is indeed a great talent. There are many, many people who have said that from the beginning. You may be alone with your judgement on some (one) player but not Chad. Chad is not a “you against the world” debate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I like Fox. He’s a poor man’s Rampe. A bit like the Great Dane himself these days. Think he’s a handy addition and someone who can defend.
    😂. Good call. 2022 Rampe is a poor man’s Rampe.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Chad is indeed a great talent. There are many, many people who have said that from the beginning. You may be alone with your judgement on some (one) player but not Chad. Chad is not a “you against the world” debate.

- - - Updated - - -

😂. Good call. 2022 Rampe is a poor man’s Rampe.
    I never said Chad was only someone i liked . I shared that he is getting credit outside the fans , thats exciting and shows what a great talent he is

On the veteran's list
    Not sure where to post this but there is an interesting article in The West Australian where they have used a Pythagorean algorithm to calculate the “real” ladder at the halfway mark of the season. They take into account opponents, size of wins etc etc.. With this algorithm the ladder reads Lions, Dees, Freo, Swans, cats, Tigers, Dogs, Saints and Blues ninth.

I’m scared to post a link in case I stuff up the thread. (It’s behind a paywall but It allowed me to read it once but not come back a second time without deleting historical data, cookies etc)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I’m scared to post a link in case I stuff up the thread. (It’s behind a paywall but It allowed me to read it once but not come back a second time without deleting historical data, cookies etc)
    Very interesting! I got access the first time too. Here is the link:

Ryan Buckland: Using the Pythagorean calculation to judge how your club is really travelling this season

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Not sure where to post this but there is an interesting article in The West Australian where they have used a Pythagorean algorithm to calculate the “real” ladder at the halfway mark of the season. They take into account opponents, size of wins etc etc.. With this algorithm the ladder reads Lions, Dees, Freo, Swans, cats, Tigers, Dogs, Saints and Blues ninth.

I guess the issue then is going to be how to convince the AFL to use the "real" ladder in determining the final series in the event
    we make the Pythagorean 8 and not the "fake" 8 that they usually use.