Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 12 Pre-Match Thread, vs Melbourne at MCG, 7:25 PM Saturday 4 June

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Who was he F8?
    I believe F8 is referring to the one and only Buddy Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    So true it’s a big jump no matter how well prepared a player is . There was a young fellow who made his debut against us in 2005 who only had 6 disposals and I think he turned out alright.
    From memory didn't he get "toweled up" by Adam Goodes at the SCG.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Buddy uses the lettuce leaf slap yet Lynch uses the point of his elbow to fend off a player. MRO; nothing to see here. The inconsistency is palpable.
    Don't forget about the sneaky head but by Cotchin that brought on Buddies response.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    I was surprised when Roberts was selected because I have watched him a bit and he has a bad habit of grabbing the ball, getting caught and then hunching over it rather that attempting to handball. Not something he would get away with at senior level. Needs to have the arm raising trick drilled into him.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Who was he F8?
    Young fellow called Lance Franklin 5 kicks 1 handball 0 goals.
    He did kick 3.2 in his next game against Richmond though.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I believe F8 is referring to the one and only Buddy Franklin
    Ahhhhh, yeah he did turn out ok.

Senior Player
    Excuses in advance for venturing off subject just a little bit here.
    Having not ventured to the MCG for a number of years I am extremely excited to be heading down for Saturday night. No other venue that I have been to has the same aura about it and while I think the Grand Final could be shared about, the G definitely feels like it is the spiritual home for footy.
    Leaving that aside I had a look online to buy tickets and the options are very restricted for general admission.
    Having purchased online for last years QLD games it was frustrating to turn up on the day to find out you had been corralled into one area with only a average quality view of the game and ample empty seats elsewhere.
    Is it still possible to turn up on the day and buy a ticket like it used to be ?
    Or is it best to just bite the bullet and accept what is available online?
    Any insights , suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

Having not ventured to the MCG for a number of years I am extremely excited to be heading down for Saturday night. No other venue that I have been to has the same aura about it and while I think the Grand Final could be shared about, the G definitely feels like it is the spiritual home for footy.
    Leaving that aside I had a look online to buy tickets and the options are very restricted for general admission.
    Having purchased online for last years QLD games it was frustrating to turn up on the day to find out you had been corralled into one area with only a average quality view of the game and ample empty seats elsewhere.
    Is it still possible to turn up on the day and buy a ticket like it used to be ?
    the Swans members are normally at the city end of the ground (ie fwd pockets and behind the goals) Melbourne have many re-found fans so I wouldn't be heading to the other end of the ground

Veterans List
    I agree, the MCG has an aura alright...it's amazing but it's the spiritual home of Victorian football and the old VFL. Times have changed (well, they changed many years ago) and for a fully level playing field and as you say, the GF has to be moved around.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I agree, the MCG has an aura alright...it's amazing but it's the spiritual home of Victorian football and the old VFL. Times have changed (well, they changed many years ago) and for a fully level playing field and as you say, the GF has to be moved around.
    You werent at the SCG last friday night then ! You know where the MCG can go

Suspended by the MRP
    MCG has no aura , its hyped up by media commentary who think the game belongs south of the border only . Its just a big oval with stuff all atmosphere and as quiet as a cemetary as its reserved by dud Victorian sides who can never pack the thing even half full !

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    the Swans members are normally at the city end of the ground (ie fwd pockets and behind the goals) Melbourne have many re-found fans so I wouldn't be heading to the other end of the ground
    Thanks for the info - I'll be heading down for Sat night's match too. Will be good to sit with the other Swans fans - and it's always great to see a strong turnout in Melbourne.

Could be a little chilly on the night?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast