Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Swans clothing

Though I initially asked about fan/supporter made clothing items, I’m pretty sure that a website called redbubble.com are selling non-sanctioned/licensed Swans merchandise (avoiding copyright infringement by not quite specifically referring to the Sydney Swans).
    https://www.redbubble.com/shop/?quer...ref=search_box
    The’ve got an Amartey Party, Buddy 1000, I think a Dane Rampe climbing a goalpost, and a few South Melbourne t-shirts.

And surely some of the more veteran supporters here must have hand knitted items (jumpers, beanies, scarves etc) that were popular in the 60s-80s before mass merchandise became a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I love this site because of these random brilliant examples of why we love the Swans
    They surely are merchandise-worthy examples so far!
    Last edited by 0918330512; 6th June 2022 at 06:54 PM.

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    And surely some of the more veteran supporters here must have hand knitted items (jumpers, beanies, scarves etc) that were popular in the 60s-80s before mass merchandise became a thing?!
    As a teenager l I knitted a white jumper to wear to our games and luckily the straight lines for the red V and number 11 for Peter Bedford (my favourite player) were very easy to do!
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

I still have a South Melbourne hand knitted scarf done by my sister in the 70's (her first knitting project). White scarf (more like cream now) with red "STH MELB" stitched in the middle along with couple of red & white hoops at the ends with tassels. Worn it to games for many years but I've long retired it.

Though not hand made, I did have a woollen long sleeve South Melbourne jumper complete with red cuffs and collar, that was made in the 60's and handed down to me by my older brother in the early 70's. Was itchy to wear but loved it.

I also still have original South Melbourne beanie from the 70's and in reasonable knick, which I only wear these days when we play in GF. I also have my dad's classic South Melbourne Swan pin from the 60's, which also accompanies me to GF's.

Paws, Peter Bedford was also my idol in those days (like for many!).
    Last edited by KSAS; 9th June 2022 at 11:55 AM.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Maybe we need a series of JR shirts??
    Attachment 2379
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Attachment 2379
    Trying desperately to see it! Link not working

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Attachment 2379
    https://images.app.goo.gl/58jgLnmB3o2PJk7C6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12