Thread: AFL apology

Senior Player

AFL apology

AFL this afternoon has apologised to Bud and the Swans for 'cowardly' comment by their barrister last night.

Also to Richmond, citing 'rhetorical flourishes of the nature used by both Counsel last night should not be part of the AFL tribunal process and they do not reflect the views of the AFL'.

Statement went on to say they had contacted Bud and the Swans to apologise.

And so they should have. It was disgraceful.

I suspect the apology from the AFL, who are not known for this sort of thing, may have been inspired by intervention by other lawyers repping the injured parties.

Veterans List
    The right response all round.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I hope we don't walk back the drive by on Cotchin. He's a sniper of the highest order and a bad actor to boot.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    AFL this afternoon has apologised to Bud and the Swans for 'cowardly' comment by their barrister last night.

Also to Richmond, citing 'rhetorical flourishes of the nature used by both Counsel last night should not be part of the AFL tribunal process and they do not reflect the views of the AFL'.

Statement went on to say they had contacted Bud and the Swans to apologise.

And so they should have. It was disgraceful.

I suspect the apology from the AFL, who are not known for this sort of thing, may have been inspired by intervention by other lawyers repping the injured parties.
    The disgraceful media just in Victoria just concentrated on demanding an apology by the Swans by calling Cotchin an GREAT actor! But said nothing about the AFL calling Buddy a coward. No wonder the Vic umpires get great pleasure in screwing us over!!

Veterans List
    Buddy should keep his powder dry until the end of the season then file a defamation case.

Senior Player
    I dunno. I think all thinking people know this was just a lawyer liking the sound of his own voice a bit too much (very very
    common in that gig). The AFL has smacked him down and hopefully he'll wondering where he can send his next invoice to.
    No one in their right mind thinks the Budster is "cowardly". He was just pissed at Cotchin for being annoying.