Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 12: the other games. Quality, rather than quantity.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    The way we play, top 4 may not be necessary. We need to finish in the 8 of course, and from then on we can beat any and all teams. Have faith guys!
    Agree wholeheartedly on our day we can beat anyone and the youth we have on show are starting to play with consistency and increased confidence.
    I believe !

I just cant see this current Brisbane team winning a flag anytime soon. They have been, and continue to be the 3rd or 4th best team.

They seem to have the players, but dont win the critical games, especially finals. Not sure why.

Only hope for them is a blessed run with injuries (none for them, plenty for other contenders).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I just cant see this current Brisbane team winning a flag anytime soon. They have been, and continue to be the 3rd or 4th best team.

They seem to have the players, but dont win the critical games, especially finals. Not sure why.

Only hope for them is a blessed run with injuries (none for them, plenty for other contenders).
    The only side they have beaten in the 8 is us. They have had a super easy draw to date. Their 2nd half draw is much tougher.

I think we need to finish top 4 if we want to win the flag. And I think we can do that. At the very least, our destiny is in our own hands.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    I have us finishing 5th on the predictor if we have a 8-2 run home which would be impressive. I have Melbourne/Brisbane on top, and Geelong/Freo in next two spots as their draws are not that difficult (just a couple of 50-50 games here and there)

I think we would be stoked to have an 8-2 finish for the rest of the season.

We have:

Port Adelaide, away
    St Kilda, SCG
    Bombers, MCG
    Bulldogs, SCG
    Freo, Optus
    Adelaide, SCG
    Giants, SCG
    North, Marvel
    Pies, SCG
    Saints, Marvel

Bulldogs at SCG are a danger game always due to the umpiring, and the Saints have been playing well so it might be 1-1. Freo away is our toughest match. Plus as a young team, we will likely drop one or more games where we are the favourites, so I think 7-3 or 8-2 would have us quite happy, but still as I mentioned, likely leave us out of the top 4.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    If we win 8 of the rounds remaining we’ll finish top 4 imo

Recently someone posted a link to an article, I thought it was in the West Australian, about the 'real' AFL ladder. I'm trying to find the link. So far, no luck. Can anyone help please?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Recently someone posted a link to an article, I thought it was in the West Australian, about the 'real' AFL ladder. I'm trying to find the link. So far, no luck. Can anyone help please?
    Ryan Buckland: Using the Pythagorean calculation to judge how your club is really travelling this season

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Can you believe the media getting themselves into a lather over the Melb stuff? A couple of blokes having a few cans and a bit of a blue, like boys will be boys. Let it go.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    I am loving the Essendon bulldust coming out of the gob of the old fossil Sheedy, who appears to be trying to keep himself relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I am loving the Essendon bulldust coming out of the gob of the old fossil Sheedy, who appears to be trying to keep himself relevant.
    They are trying to re-write history. Making out that the Club that crossed the line and broke the rules is actually the victim. Next thing you know, Carlton will be asking for an apology for their salary cap rorts being punished.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    They are trying to re-write history. Making out that the Club that crossed the line and broke the rules is actually the victim. Next thing you know, Carlton will be asking for an apology for their salary cap rorts being punished.
    Yes, I noticed that too. It's something that sport specializes in. We were in the US recently and it coincided with the 75th anniversary
    of Jackie Robinson being the first black player allowed to play in major league baseball. MLB couldn't congratulate themselves enough.
    Meanwhile black participation rates in baseball in the US are currently at a 40 year low.
    I'll be hoping for a Bombers win. It's better for us ladder-wise and the new Carlton bandwagon supporters are fairly annoying.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast